easytune 5 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easytune 5 problem

hi im having problems with my easytune 5 well wen i checked out the PC HEALTH>HARDWARE MONITOR i noticed my CPU and system fan has a exclamation point.but both of them are connected and working and the rpm of the cpu is 1059 is dat low?and how come my system fan rpm is 0?although it is working can anybody help me?

Re: easytune 5 problem

Originally posted by moks107 View Post
    hi im having problems with my easytune 5 well wen i checked out the PC HEALTH>HARDWARE MONITOR i noticed my CPU and system fan has a exclamation point.but both of them are connected and working and the rpm of the cpu is 1059 is dat low?and how come my system fan rpm is 0?although it is working can anybody help me?
    Firstly if you are say using a Stock Intel HSF (Heat Sink Fan assembly) and the bios is set to Auto for pwm fan control, it is quite normal for the newer Intel HSF fans to vary anywhere between 850 - 2300rpm, depending on how hot your CPU is.

On the second point, re "System Fan", have you got a fan connected to that Header on the motherboard?
    If you have, look at the PC health Bios screen (ie go into the bios) and see what that reports, speed wise.
    You need to do this as some utilities (especially those produced by the Motherboard manufacturers), have a "cut-off" below a preset RPM and won't report anything below it.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

So? Do you for sure have a fan connected to sys_fan. Depending on the board there may be a few Sys-Fan headers

Comment

umm i checked out the bios for the pc health status and it shows the rpms of all the fans and it looks like everythings ok but wen i checked the easytune its still the same and im using stock HSF o ya by the way my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P32-DS3L well please help me cud there be something wrong with my motherboard?

Comment

umm i checked out the bios for the pc health status and it shows the rpms of all the fans and it looks like everythings ok but wen i checked the easytune its still the same and im using stock HSF o ya by the way my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P32-DS3L well please help me cud there be something wrong with my motherboard?
          Your Motherboard is fine - forget about what EasyTune says.

As I said above EasyTune and manufacturer utilities like it, have a dislike for low rpm fans and just because they are running at a low rpm they ignore them alltogether and often report zero (rpm)!
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Did you adjust the limit for the fan to just below where it runs? It's the slider bar above the actual RPM read out.
            GA-EP45-DQ6, Q6700 @ 3.33ghz, 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC 8800, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, Gigabyte Poseyden case, Geforce 7300GS, WD 1TB Caviar Black, SG 250 Barracuda, Raid 5 with 3 SG 250 Barracudas on ICH10R, Raid0 with 2 WD 640 Caviar Black on 3Ware 9650SE 4LPML, LG Bluray DVD R/RW, Corsair HX620W

Comment

ahh ok so basically i just have to raise the rpms ok hmm wats an advisable rpm?will 2500 do?or is it high enough?

Comment

there is a side bar above the rpm read out?hmm im checking the rpm at pc health>hardware monitor and i dont see anything

Comment

well thanks for the replies guys really appreciate it

Comment

o ya umm one last question how do i set the rpm of the fans?coz wen i restarted my computer i checked out the easytune 5 and it went back to default settings how do i make it permanent?

Comment

Are you haveing problems with the computer or is it just Easytune 5 readings that are bothering you? If the computer is working well and nothing is overheating then I probably wouldn't worry about Easytune or your fan speeds.
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

o ya umm one last question how do i set the rpm of the fans?coz wen i restarted my computer i checked out the easytune 5 and it went back to default settings how do i make it permanent?
                        Rather than use Easytune (for monitoring), try:-
                        HwMonitor or PCWizard from CPUID
                        or
                        Sisoft Sandra:-
                        SiSoftware Zone
                        or
                        Speedfan:-
                        Almico's Home Page
                        or
                        Everest
                        Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Comment

I'm assuming it's like easytune 6 - if so there's a pointer above each fan bar and one below - the upper one is where the alarm goes off - should be set at a number below the actual read out of the fan which is below the bar. example - if the actual fan RPM is 1500, set the alarm point at say 1300.
                          GA-EP45-DQ6, Q6700 @ 3.33ghz, 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC 8800, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, Gigabyte Poseyden case, Geforce 7300GS, WD 1TB Caviar Black, SG 250 Barracuda, Raid 5 with 3 SG 250 Barracudas on ICH10R, Raid0 with 2 WD 640 Caviar Black on 3Ware 9650SE 4LPML, LG Bluray DVD R/RW, Corsair HX620W

Comment

Use the Save button, not the LOAD button. Then if you have ET set to run at startup your settings will be applied at startup. Not really sure what you are asking here either. You should get a fan controller if you want to control your fan speeds yourself though. You can get them pretty cheap, if you want me to show you a few let me know

Comment

oh crap hehe sorry guys im soo stupid hehe i taught that u can change the rpm of the fans by using the Easytune hehe my bad well thanks anyways yeah i think i might be getting a fancontroller know any good brands?thanks for the replies guys and thanks vorlonUK for the links

Comment

Working...
                              X