Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put in 4Gb more of RAM(8Gb total)...another BSOD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Put in 4Gb more of RAM(8Gb total)...another BSOD!!

Geesh...just started on Test #8...almost an hour gone DAGNAMMIT

Comment

messed up :S
      i really hope u get it stable and normal speed, so when i hav 8gb i'll ask u ! :D
      why wont u try the 8gb now, dont wait for the 3 stick test ?

Comment

Was thinkin bout stoppin the 3 stick test...what the hay, I'll let it be. Prolly less than 10 minutes to go.

The successfull 8 stick test was quicker than the 3 stick

Comment

weird... xD
          anyways i go to sleep good luck!
          something that just jumped in my head,but that's regarding the topic,are you sure it's ram causing the bsod, well lsd told me to defrag my hd after a lot of changes in OC and other stuff, u should try as well.

Comment

Okay,

I got all 4 sticks in.

Upped the DDRv to 2.1v

Upped the MCH to +.250v. Testing okay for now. If it gets through test #5 then it oughta be fine the rest of the way.
            Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-18-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Got me thinkin:

Maybe I had the MCH only +.200 for the bad MemTest...I dunno...

Comment

Just finished the first round with no errors.

That raise in MCHv must have made the difference.

Comment

Sounds like you got it going eh? Good to hear, I knew you would

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to think so.

Earlier I tested 2 full rounds (about 2 hours 20 minutes) with Performance Enhancement on EXTREME and MCHv at +.300. Didn't tweak the timings/sub-timings at all. Passed with no errors.

Makes me wonder when (a couple of weeks ago) I OC'd the memory to 1100Mhz and got a few MemTest errors if too low of MCHv was the reason.

Comment

Ya, it probably was. And extreme and Auto Subtimings is not the best for performance. Just so you know this for sure

Comment

I didn't have sub-timings on Auto. I do sometimes when I'm OCing so I can get an idea what sub-timings are being used according to MemSet. I then go back and tweak them manually.

Please forgive me Lsdmeasap. I have read a lot of your posts and I never quite understood why you always say to put Performance Enhancement on STANDARD.

Why is EXTREME not best for performance? I am getting significantly better Everest numbers with EXTREME compared to being on STANDARD. I've tested sucessfully with MemTest, ORTHOS and Everest Stability with it on EXTREME.

Comment

Actually, the only significant differences between using EXTREME and STANDARD Performance settings is the (on EXTREME) 300+Mb/s Read and -3.7ns Latency. The Write and Copy speeds are neck and neck.

STANDARD would be more stable than EXTREME. Less heat and stress on the Memory. Could probably use lower MCHv. Less heat and stress on the MB. Perhaps even more OCing potential.

Comment

Extreme Lowers tRD (Static tRead Value) Something you can manually do, this is why I say standard. And what you see in Memset for Auto, can be much lower when you manually tweak things. Another reason why Auto is not good, it will use normally a way higher then needed number

If you properly tweak your timings w/ Standard they will beat extreme. Keep in mind, when you switch to extreme to test your manually tweaked Standard timings may or may not work. Especially a low tRD manually set will not work if you switch to extreme as this is what it lowers.

If you test exact settings, except using tRD of one higher in Extreme (Which will set tRD one lower) and then the exact same in Standard with a lower tRD then you will see the same outcome. I think I said that clearly? HAHA

I mean, I think this may be more clear....

For example >>>

x=Same Value
                            444-12 (x-x-x-x- 7 Static tRead ~ Standard)

And
                            444-12 (x-x-x-x- 8 Static tRead ~ Extreme)

Both of the above should be the same outcome provided the same strap is used, as Extreme lowers the actual Set Static tRead. So point being is you can set to standard and then manually use a lower setting than you could if you have it set on Extreme

Comment

Working...
                            X