Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted - Gigabyte DQ6 "Crazy Cool" Plate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Gigabyte DQ6 "Crazy Cool" Plate...

It is my understanding that a large number of Gigabyte users have had to pull the CrazyCool plate off their DQ6's to accomodate their CPU cooling solutions. I bought a DS5 as, far as I could research, the only difference from the DQ6 is the loss of the CrazyCool thingie, and two fewer eSATA cables/plates (which I won't use anyway, as my case has an eSATA port on its front panel), and I didn't think the $50 difference was worthwhile. Meanwhile, whilst I wait for the board, and prepare to yank the heatpipe assembly to lap it and fit it with north and southbrige fans, if I could find an unused Crazy Cool for a resonable price, I'd love to have one. What I'll do is send you a money order for you to drop it into a padded envelope & mail it to me; don't cheat me by cashing the MO and absconding - I'm a systems engineer, which means I work all over the country, and you never know when I'll be in your neighborhood, with a baseball bat >;)
    Please email your bid to me at: [email protected] - maybe you can turn a piece of junk sitting around into a nice, shiny new el light for your case!

Re: Wanted - Gigabyte DQ6 "Crazy Cool" Plate...

I'm a systems engineer, which means I work all over the country, and you never know when I'll be in your neighborhood, with a baseball bat >;)
    Priceless, Bilbat... ;-)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Hey, Vorlon, I've thought of a story that'll kill you, on the subject of the 'English' language. My mom had a dog that could identify 'British' english, and it seemed to tick her off. Any time a commercial, or program would come on with someone speaking in a British accent, she's come unglued, raising cain and barking her fool head off - which was an ongoing problem, as my parents liked to watch 'Vets in Practice', which was made in England. One of my hobbies is cognitive theory, and the dog amazed me - think of this: if she saw Hugh Laurie playing doctor 'House', she was fine with it; if she saw him on a talk show, speaking in his native British accent - she threw a fit!!! How the &%$# does a DOG come to DO THAT??? And, why on earth didn't an Aussie accent do it?

Comment

Originally posted by bilbat View Post
        Hey, Vorlon, I've thought of a story that'll kill you, on the subject of the 'English' language. My mom had a dog that could identify 'British' english, and it seemed to tick her off. Any time a commercial, or program would come on with someone speaking in a British accent, she's come unglued, raising cain and barking her fool head off - which was an ongoing problem, as my parents liked to watch 'Vets in Practice', which was made in England. One of my hobbies is cognitive theory, and the dog amazed me - think of this: if she saw Hugh Laurie playing doctor 'House', she was fine with it; if she saw him on a talk show, speaking in his native British accent - she threw a fit!!! How the &%$# does a DOG come to DO THAT??? And, why on earth didn't an Aussie accent do it?
        Good point! ... and clever dog ;-)

If you can, or get the chance, watch Jeeves & Wooster (UK Tv Series) and that'll give you an idea just of the accent range Hugh Laurie has! I think you'd be amazed....
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
        X