Getting a real bug report to Gigabyte Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a real bug report to Gigabyte Engineering

Is there a method to get a problem reported to Gigbyte?

I've called US tech support, they were helpful as usual, but there is a serious problem with the GA-MA790GP-DS4H mobo.

Simply stated, the Crossfire X Hybrid Graphics do not work, and cause the board to either blackout or crash completely, sometimes resulting in BIOS corruption. I have tried several DS4H boards, in combo with numerous different Radeon 2400, 3450 and 3850 boards, and it fails 95% of the time.

This problem is completely reproducible, time after time, and I have reproduced it for support in california on the phone.

This is a useful feature for everyone, and it simply does not work on this board at all. I use it on all the MA780G-S2H and S3H boards that I have, but the DS4H will not function.

I'd be willing to bet that the problem can be corrected with a BIOS bug fix, as I got it to work for a few minutes here and there, before it crashed.

I would be willing to talk to someone, or document the exact test.

Re: Getting a real bug report to Gigabyte Engineering

the AMD 790GX series chipset features onboard VGA and is capable of Hybrid CrossFireX. as such, i believe you will find that you can only setup 1 GPU and the IGP in a CrossFire type rig, but im not really sure about this because im not too experienced in AMD chipsets...

Try setting up just the 2 cards in CrossFire without the IGP and see if that works for you... then try your primary card with the IGP, then your secondary... if all of these work you can pretty much guarantee that it is either a driver or BIOS level error... if one of them fails then you can determine which component specifically is at fault.

sorry if you've already done this and i havent been of help... im just not too knowledgable when it comes to AMD chipsets... they're laden with bugs and errors and need alot of optimisation before they'll begin to compete with intel's.

Comment

Originally posted by BongWizard View Post
      the AMD 790GX series chipset features onboard VGA and is capable of Hybrid CrossFireX. as such, i believe you will find that you can only setup 1 GPU and the IGP in a CrossFire type rig, but im not really sure about this because im not too experienced in AMD chipsets...

Try setting up just the 2 cards in CrossFire without the IGP and see if that works for you... then try your primary card with the IGP, then your secondary... if all of these work you can pretty much guarantee that it is either a driver or BIOS level error... if one of them fails then you can determine which component specifically is at fault.

sorry if you've already done this and i havent been of help... im just not too knowledgable when it comes to AMD chipsets... they're laden with bugs and errors and need alot of optimisation before they'll begin to compete with intel's.
      Thanks.... But I'm very familiar with how it works. I run it today on 3 systems in my house, but this particular board does not work. You need to enable something called SurroundView in BIOS, which cause the machine to hang and blank screen 100% of the time. Works fine on the 780G version of the board (I have 3 running great!)

Its a BIOS bug here, and I'm not sure the BIOS team knows about it or has tested it.

Comment

When I had a specific query that Gigabyte UK couldn't answer* (which in the meantime I researched and answered myself), they forwarded the question to GB technical in Taiwan, who did confirm my research.

* Question was in regard to GB Virtual Bios and the HD HPA Gigabyte uses on your primary hard drive.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Yes, I would advise you to ask them in Taiwan to see what their reply is >>>
          GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone

I have forward this page to A few Gigabyte Employee's at Gigabyte Taiwan I have direct contact with so, I will let you know their response.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            Yes, I would advise you to ask them in Taiwan to see what their reply is >>>
            GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone

I have forward this page to A few Gigabyte Employee's at Gigabyte Taiwan I have direct contact with so, I will let you know their response.
            Thanks LSD... I'll do that.

Comment

Please do, and link them here. I have yet to get a reply, which is odd actually. But they are waiting on my board review which I am very far behind on because I am so busy here!

Comment

Working...
              X