Black screen at booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen at booting

Recently i bought new motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 with AMd Athlon X2 4850 and 2gb ddr2. When i finally puted everything together and added nvidia geforce9600GT 512 mb graphic card all this supplied by 500w psu, when i turn on computer it only gives me black screen and "no video input". Switched card with some old radeon1650 and all work fine. Finally i checked that geforce graphic card with my friend computer and it works fine. So only thing that comes into my mind is that i need better psu or do I ?

Sorry for my poor english.

Re: Black screen at booting

You likely do, can you give me a link to your PSU, and the exact GFX card you have, and I will check it over for you

Comment

Asus EN9600GT/HTDI/512M will be my graphic card

and my crapy psu FEEL 3-500ATX 500W atx PFC Retail

Comment

Can you please post links to this PSU?

I do find that it requires a 350W PSU or larger with 26A on the 12V rail. What does your PSU say on the side for the 12V rail? May not be enough Amps left on the 12V after the rest of your system gets it's power

Power supply is something to NEVER go cheap on

Comment

Well i used chieftec 450W before for older configuration and just wanted to see if this psu which i have for free could help to slove the problem.Anyway for +12v1 its 15A and for 12v2 its 17A.

Comment

Ya, that is not enough with the rest of your system. So when you pick out a new one, get one with 35-40+ and try to get one with a single rail, they are better then dual rail.

Did you try with the 450W one? Have you tried with the 500W one with nothing else hooked up, just cpu, ram and gfx card?

Do you have PEG set in the BIOS for init first display

Comment

Yeap i did tryed it with 450w and same reaction. When i only connect cpu, ram and gfx card i sometimes get the first screen then it goes black.
              Yea i do have set PEG in bios.

Comment

You've had a simliar question to this before Lsdme :-)

Could this be an early board that needs a bios update, for graphics card compatability? Both the board and the card ore PCI-e Rev2.0, so in theory all should be ok, but in parctice that might not be so.
                Whilst Olek has the use of the Ati 1650 he could flash the bios to something newer.

It could well be a PSU fault, especially if there are many Hard drives attached, but generally speaking the 9600GT is fairly frugal.

Lots of Info here, on what seems a common problem with the 9600GT's (try googling 9600GT blank or boot screen):-

Such as using the DVi to VGA convertor...

Also once you can boot into windows, make sure you have no remnants of your ATI drivers if you are using an Nvidia card (and visa versa). But I'm assuming you haven't got that far yet.
                Last edited by VorLonUK; 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM.
                GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

So i got my hand on Chieftec GPS-550AB A today and the problem still persist so any ideas what could be the reason to those black screens? ps so you know i updated my bios and cleaned old ati drivers still the same problem. Also i used this card in other setup with some older asus motheroard and old cpu and never had any problems with it.
                  Last edited by olek; 10-10-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Have you tried a clean OS install at all?

Have you installed the latest BIOS? If not, please put the old card back in and install the newest BIOS for your board. DO NOT USE @BIOS, and please read this >>>

Here is your board page >>>

Rev 1.0
                    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 1.0)

Rev 2.0
                    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

And then try the other card again, if not luck you maybe should try a clean OS install

Comment

Working...
                    X