Gotta give it ONE more try.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gotta give it ONE more try.......

Ahh! So you are right! Just save up and get you a 1333 65nm or a new 45nm cpu

Comment

I just placed an ad on Craigs List.

Gonna try and sell the GA 965 DQ6, 7 Sticks of Crucial Ballistix and the 3 E6700's.

Comment

7 Sticks of crucial? Why so many?

Good luck with sales, ebay may be better for you on the 6700's

Comment

Some dude wanted me to build him 3 systems.

We had thouroughly discussed all the details of the kind of systems he wanted. He was very happy with all of the components that I was going to use.

After we agreed on a total price I went ahead and ordered all of the components out of my pocket. I had all 3 systems completed the within 2 weeks after receiving all of the components. I tried contacting this dude for several weeks with no success. I was like he vanished off the face of the earth. Finally I was able to talk with this guy's sister and it turned out that he was in jail pending some some serious charges.

I was screwwed to say the least. Upwards of $5000 out of my pocket.

I've been selling off bits and pieces ever since. All I've got left is the 1 GA 965P DQ board, the 3 Crucial Ballistix ( I forgot that I had returned the other 2Gb kit back to the vendor) and a 40Gb WD Caviar HDD.

Why 3 Crucials left?? I used 2 of the 2Gb kits on my system before I got the Mushkins and one of the sticks turned up bad with MemTest. I tested it individually and It failed as soon as Memtest started. Tested it a few times after tweaking the voltage and it would still fail right off the bat. So I tossed it. The other 3 are good.

Comment

Ouch!

RMA those crucials that are bad and then ebay the replacements. Crucial has a very nice (And used OFTEN) RMA dept.

Ohh, you tossed it! HAHA I reply before I read fully I guess!

Comment

I wish I could RMA the bad one (it was part of a 2g kit). Problem is I don't have the receipt and I can't even remember what vendor I bought them from. That's not totally true. I ordered them via 1 of 4 possible vendors here in the Southern California area. I've checked with all 4 of them and none of have any records of the purchase. MOre than likely because it was so long ago, 3 years almost to this day. I'm pretty sure it was NewEgg.com though and they have no record of the purchase.

Comment

Working...
              X