Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz on ga-ex38-ds4 - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz on ga-ex38-ds4 - help please!

Nice to hear! I would test out a few scenarios. Like fast and +.2-.3 and turbo and +.2-.3

Glad to see it has helped you smooth things out for sure. How much did you pay total for both cards?

Comment

Approx $1280 AUD, back in May/June of this year.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Hence why I am getting only one HD4870X2 when I can. The TOP one by Asus looks like a very good one, so I might try and get it. I also need to get a Bluray reader and a 1tb external HDD, so I can start storing my movies on something that won't scratch...so easily.

Comment

Why external? Be cheaper to get a internal drive, or are you out of room in your case? if so, you still could save by getting a internal and a 5.25 to 3.5 converter to hold a Drive in

Comment

Never thought of that. An Internal drive I mean. I just didn't want the PSU to run out of watts. Also, with the amount of Blurays I want (forget DVDs for now), space would be consumed in no time, even AFTER the disc is stripped of all but the main movie and best audio. This is why I previously chose external because I'm unsure how many SATA ports the mobo has, minus the 3 that are already used up (core hdd, dvd drive and near-future bluray drive).
              Viewing them wouldn't be a problem. Tversity and a really long Cat6 cable (25m should do it) connected to my PS3. Easy!

Comment

I think you have 3 more then if you are only using 3 SATA ports that is

Good luck in making a decision, I really dont think HDD's use that much from your PSU adding another should not be a issue.

Comment

Hey, long time no chat man. The system is still going great @ 3.2ghz. A recent talk with an MSN buddy has made me think of attempting to OC again - I might try for 3.8ghz. This is with air cooling still, by the way.

I've also long since abandoned the Bluray PC idea, in favour of a region-free Panasonic DMP-BD35 bluray player. It's a beaut!

Wish me luck on the 3.8ghz OC trip. :)

Comment

Nice to hear all is still well!

Ya, I have seen 3.4-3.8 on Air (NOT Stock cooler though) so you can likely do more then 3.2 for sure

How much was that player?

Good luck with the overclock, and as you know if you need some pointers stop by and ask away.

Comment

Working...
                    X