Static tRead Phase Adjust________ AUTO

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.05V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.200V]

These are current setting with Performance Enhance set to EXTREME and i have no problem passes all test and i game ALOT with no problems.Got this setting by mistake must have changed at some time when i was trying to tighten up timmings on ram not sure how long but a few weeks for sure. With this set to Extreme i was looking for some 1 to tell me what it does if anything.Also if i can run this at extreme should i be able to tweek memory more or does this have nothing to do with memory?I posted in the past to get advice on memory settings and seems like even a small change Performance Enhance=standard every thing gets unstabel Fast.What timmings in RAm make the difference i have been looking around and get different opions for different forums i read most differ in reasons and why.This being Gigabyte only for the most part and i have been abel to get current settings because of Amazing advice here so im back asking to see what you guys think.
    sigpic
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
    ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
    OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
    WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK06:28,515
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Re: GA-X48-DS4 Performance Enhance =EXTREME

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you're using DDR2 1066 memory. That in itself presents no problem but if your memory is running @1080 Mhz then that means your memory is slightly overclocked. The EXTREME setting does tighten up the advance timings quite a bit and if your memory is overclocked then your asking for trouble if you tighten them any further.

On my board, a GA P35 DQ6, my advanced timings when I'm on EXTREME are simular to yours.

If I got a mild overclock going (including memory) on with EXTREME I have locked up in XP when trying to tighten up the memory with MemSet.

My opinion? Leave well enought alone perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by K91NE View Post
      Robust Graphics Booster___________ [turbo]
      CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
      CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
      C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.40B] =1080MHz
      DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance =EXTREME

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3
      Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4
      Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4
      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 48
      Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3
      Static tRead Value_______________7
      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ AUTO

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
      CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
      GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
      DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
      FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.05V]
      (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.200V]

These are current setting with Performance Enhance set to EXTREME and i have no problem passes all test and i game ALOT with no problems.Got this setting by mistake must have changed at some time when i was trying to tighten up timmings on ram not sure how long but a few weeks for sure. With this set to Extreme i was looking for some 1 to tell me what it does if anything.Also if i can run this at extreme should i be able to tweek memory more or does this have nothing to do with memory?I posted in the past to get advice on memory settings and seems like even a small change Performance Enhance=standard every thing gets unstabel Fast.What timmings in RAm make the difference i have been looking around and get different opions for different forums i read most differ in reasons and why.This being Gigabyte only for the most part and i have been abel to get current settings because of Amazing advice here so im back asking to see what you guys think.
      Did some Everest testing and with posted setting above got me almost the best # the only thing that i was able to beat it with is same setting but 5-5-5-12 there was a very small difference in memory read from 9197@5-5-5-15 to 9257@ 5-5-5-12 other # were with in 5-10 of each other.With set to standard not extreme with same setting in advanced timming the # were lowwer memory read was 8899.As of now i use the free Everest so im limmited on what i can use to compare.Seems to me that setting to Extreme gives me a proformance boost but not much every little bit helps.so 5-5-5-12@1080 with Performance Enhance EXTREME gives fastest memory.
      sigpic
      CoolerMaster 932haf
      ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
      Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
      CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
      CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
      ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
      OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
      WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
      Corsair THX 750watt
      Vista Premium64sp2
      3DMARK06:28,515
      3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Comment

What do you have your R.G.B set at?? If you have it on AUTO, try putting in on TURBO. See if that also boosts up your Everest numbers. Sure DID on my system.

I have a simular scenario.

When I'm running stock speeds with STANDARD Performance and R.G.B on AUTO my Everest(paid) numbers for Read, Write and Copy are significantly LOWER (by at least 200 MB/s) and Latency is HIGHER compared to when I have the R.G.B. on TURBO and Performance Enhancement on EXTREME.

P.S. Putting R.G.B. on TURBO might be risky depending on what kind of VGA card you've got. I'm not exactly sure what it does but I'm pretty sure it tweaks the VGA card a little.
        Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-04-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

You are better of lowering them all yourself as compared to using extreme. Ya you may use it and get results you like, but you can easily set it to standard and set them yourself to the same settings

Comment

but you can easily set it to standard and set them yourself to the same settings
            Depends on what board you have I guess. There must be some other settings(hidden) that I don't have access to on my GA P35 DQ6 board. The reason I say that is there are quite a few more values that can be adjusted with MemSet in Window that can be adjusted in BIOS. That kinda brings up some concerns I have with MemSet. I'm not sure how to compare some of the timings listed on MemSet to the timings in BIOS. Some of them don't match up.

Yeah...after I manually set the advanced timings for EXTREME numbers I reset the Performance Enhancement back to STANDARD my numbers for Everest speeds drop quite a bit and the latency goes up too. For example, my Read speed (no overclocking at all) with EXTREME averages approx. 7,650 MB/s. On STANDARD it averages approx. 7,550 MB/s. A difference of approx. 100 MB/s...that aint hay. Also latency with EXTEME 56~57, with STANDARD 62~64.

Comment

Did you see this for Memtest Vs BIOS? >>>

Yes, there is a few settings that some board models may or may not have, but performance enhance only changes tRD value. Which of course will affect how other settings effect the system

Such as a tRD of 8 used with tRW of 4 for example may give you 8,000 write speed with performance enhance set to standard (IE: use the Set in BIOS tRD value)

Using Extreme with a Set tRD of 8 and tRW of 4 may produce for example 8,250 write speed. This is because Extreme lowers that tRD of 8 to say 6 or 7, and that used with the 4 setting of tRW is why the increase is noticeable.

So in those examples if you set the settings mentioned yourself you would have the same outcome

Comment

Sorry LSD.

I shoulda started a new thread to begin with.
                Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-05-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X