Shutdown problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shutdown problem

Ya you can just use Qflash with USB stick. But just so you know you DO Have to load optimized defaults, then save and apply after any flash. Then you may reboot into the BIOS to change your other settings. This is a MUST to ensure proper DMI Pool deletion and recreation along with the Proper Full BIOS update to be applied. So if you did not ever do this, please do it now. You do not need to reflash, but it would be best

K, since you are using Auto for so many of those will you please install MemSet and post me a screenshot so I can see what you are actually getting in windows. MemSet is linked here >>>

And are you SURE that voltage is 100% stable for your CPU overclock? Just asking to be sure

Also PLEASE Set PCI Express to 100 and get used to seeing that! This is a MUST as well since you are overcloking. Could possibly be part of your issue for sure because when you overclock the FSB with that in Auto it will also be overclocked. And that affects many things, one of which is your Hard drive. And that can cause HD Failure, Disk errors, DATA Loss all of which could also cause your freezing issue. Please test your disk to be sure it is ok, and set that so you get used to it. >>>

Comment

HD seems to be A ok by the looks of it.

Memset:

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

I've ran Orthos for a couple of hours so it should be stable. Even if I set everything to default the problem will still exist.
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-07-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Performance Level 13! Did you set that? Ahh, maybe not, you dont have Static tRead in your BIOS Right?

WOW that is way loose, so loose I would almost say too loose and could cause issues. I wonder why Auto or not having the options sets it so high?

Should be 6-7 at 800Mhz

Ya, buddy I am sorry other then that I do not know what to tell you other then it could be a BIOS issue, or incompatible ram. So you have any older ram you can test with, or some you could borrow from a friend to test for a night?

*EDIT*
        And you are running 1T, which is VERY Likely a HUGE Issue, just noticed that.

You may want to Get the Corsair SPD program app and set your own defaults within your ram chip. That is going to ALWAYS cause a issue for sure with that chipset.

You can ask at the forum, and they should explain to you how it works and how to do it. If not, and you do want to do it let me know and I can show you.
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-07-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

It's strange. On cpuz, the Memory tab, I see Command Rate (CR) as 2T.

I would be very grateful if you could show me how to set it up thanks.

Comment

Well that 1T could just be a error because of your chipset and memset, since cpu-z says 2T, what does everest say?

Comment

ImageShack - Hosting :: memorydm5.jpg

Everest reports 2T.

Comment

Ahh well that is good, Must have been a Memset error with your chipset then

Comment

I hope thats not a big issue.

Do you think this could be a mobo problem? Many of these problems only happened after I failed @Bios and sometimes my computer fails to post with no beeps but everything turned on.

I'll see if I can get some new memory at any case and possibly test a new motherboard. The new intels are coming out soon so it's a good time to change to DDR3, with a new mobo and cpu.

I hope turning off the pc using the power button doesn't hurt the system too much.

Thanks for the help again, much appreciated for your time.
                  Last edited by Dippa; 10-08-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Well @BIOS normally kills a board if it fails. So I am not sure what all it could have done since you got it working. But I would suspect that all is well as for that because you have since flashed the BIOS and are ok.

Na, you will be fine using the power button, just may sometimes cause disk errors, but not often.

Ya, If you can see if you can borrow some ram to test on your board now. And yeap DDR3 and 1366 Socket is right around the corner

Comment

Working...
                    X