Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4

Well How did you try to clear the CMOS?

You really should either be borrowing some other ram or testing that ram on someone's PC to be sure it is ok and not the issue. That ram and CPU will work fine on that board, with any BIOS.

So if you cannot test the ram somehow, or test other ram in your system I would RMA the board, DOA boards happen. CPU's do as well, but not very often. If you can test your CPU in another board.

All BIOS's for this board support that CPU, at least all posted/available BIOS's do. F5 and up, you may have got shipped a board with a lesser BIOS but I doubt it.

You are plugging in Both Power plugs right? Have to ask, the ATX 12V 4 or 8 pin and the 24 pin right? Like I said I just have to ask, you would be surprised.

If you cannot somehow test parts you are just going to have to RMA something before you run out of time.

Comment

Well I have every aspect of the problem quad checked. PSU pins, ram, cpu, in-out switched and twisted. :) I'll take my CPU and RAM to a friend of mine today and will beg to be able to try it out in hes Ep35-DS4. Well... let's hope something will be defected, coz, I really start to think I am cursed or something. :)

Comment

You should also take your board, since you have a friend where you can do testing I would ask him to test his ram/cpu in your board as well incase you do not find your ram or CPU to be faulty

Keep in mind, p35 is SIMPLE to get going compared to P45.

You never answered me about CMOS clearing, there is several ways to do this and I think you may have just not got it fully cleared

Comment

Fortunately taking the CPU and the ram was enough. The CPU produced the same 1 sec shutdown error in the EP35 as in the two EP45 (I RMAd it once allready). So i guess we can be almost 100% sure, that this is a CPU problem.

So Gigabyte-Intel 1:0 :)

I did the clearing with the button on the bord, also removed the battery. Is there a better way?

Comment

Wow, very surprised to hear that! I rarely see a DOA CPU. (Added to my list)

YA, there is several ways, and a combo of all often may be needed. But that is a later post, if you would like many methods let me know and I Will post them tomorrow as I am about to leave. But sounds like it wont help today in this case as you have a Dead CPU

Intel is great on RMA, link them to this thread if you like. If you need the RMA info for Intel let me know

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I rellay appreciated it.

I would also wellcome the CMOS reset guide just in case I or a fellow forum member needs it.

As for the RMA I live in Hungary so I guess your info don't apply to my country, and I had no problems with the store so far, where I got the CPU from, so I guess I'll be ok.

Thanks!

Comment

Well I posted how to Clear CMOS in the QFlash guide. But you can also ensure you get it done by doing this on your board.

Unplug PSU from the wall, place a IDE Jumper on the Clear CMOS pins, remove the battery, Press and Hold down the Case power button for one minute, press and hold the CLEAR CMOS Button for one minute. Then remove the jumper, place the battery back in, Plug your PSU in and start the system, you should then see a CMOS CheckSum error screen. That means you properly cleared it, and you can then choose last known good or one of the other options

OK, well if they store will not RMA your CPU let me know and I will get you the correct page at Intel for you to get ahold of them

Comment

Working...
                X