Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Everest

Thanks for the response LSD

What FSB are you using then? Just because your CPU is a 1066 means nothing, once you past 333 FSB you can use a 1333 Divider. So you must not be above 333 FSB then right? You can easily go way past that, you know this right? Use a 9 CPU multi and make your FSB 350 or so for 3.2 and then you can use it
    I normally run (no fun with overclocking..IOW stock duh ) with my FSB @ 266 Mhz and memory divider at AUTO (I'm assuming it's 4x). When I am overclocking, my FSB could be anywhere from 320 to 444 Mhz depending on how brave I am feeling LOL. Even when my FSB is 333 or more I don't have the 4.0# 1333 strapping option available when I am adjusting the divider. Like I mentioned in my last post it does say that there is a 4.0# 1333 strapping on the right side of the screen in the Menu/Option area. Since I cannot find the 4.0# 1333 strapping when I'm adjusting the Divider(a.k.a Memory Multiplier...right???) values I just assumed since my CPU only supports up to 1333 my motherboard won't allow me that option to use. I don't know if there is a special key I need to press to get 4.0# or what...???

Since I do not know your full settings I really cannot say for sure anything. But I can see tRAS slowing you down, or actually causing errors because your Static tRead Value is Way to low. I assume you are running over 800 Ram speeds so 6-7 would be what could be stable at 800, anything over 800 such as 900-1066 you should use 7-8 otherwise it will be to tight, and very likely is not memtest86+ stable
    I am running the memory @ 1066. All the settings/values in my last post are the same values as if the Performance Enhance was set at EXTREME. I ran MemTest86+ with those exact same settings for at leat 2 hours with no errors.

When was the last time you seen a BIOS for a GA P35 DQ6? I am pretty sure that there are ALOT more available settings with your newer board.
    When I press Control/F1 I'm sure I don't get as many hidden options as you do. Or is there another secret keystroke combo??? LOL.

I'll go back into my BIOS when I'm done writing this and look for a secret button or something for the 4.0# strapping option.

Anyways, thanks for the help LSD.

Yack at ya later.

Comment

Take a picture of that for me, your board and CPU stocks do not matter. You should be able to choose the 400strap and related memory multi.

Maybe you need a BIOS update?

I was just last week using P35-DS4, and I use one still as well. Nothing is changed between P45 ad P35 in strap respects

Control + F1 was removed from the BIOS's LONG ago, so if you are using the latest BIOS you do not have to use that anymore if you flashed properly

Good luck with things man. And yeah, it is about time you came over into the 45nm workd, start saving up!

Comment

Wow!!! That was a QUICK response LOL.

You should be able to choose the 400strap and related memory multi.
        400 strap?????????????????

U sure you're talking about a GA P35 DQ6????

Don't even see that mentioned at all. Just 800, 1066 and 1333.

Maybe you need a BIOS update?
        I've got what I believe to be the lastest released BIOS...F7....right???
        Gigabyte must have flashed it before they shipped it back to me. I had F6 on it before I shipped to them to diag and/or repair it.

Still got the Control/F1.

BIOS version F8 is still a BETA....right????

Comment

Ahhh! Sorry man! Ya there is 400 strap, when you go over 400 FSB

= Means same as

200 Strap = 800 Strap
          266 Strap = 1066 Strap
          333 Strap = 1333 Strap
          400 Strap = 1600 Strap

So you wont see it unless you choose 400 or above FSB, that is what I meant! Sorry about that. They are named differently in different BIOS revisions is why I got confused I think. But you wont be able to use it unless you go up in your overclock

YA, it is still beta F8 is. You just got in the habit of using Control + F1 right? I mean with F7 you should not have to use it to see anything hidden in the MIT section of the BIOS.

Go check it out

Comment

Oooops....I made a mistake. There is no F8.

Funny. They skipped a version...F7 to F9 (a & b BETAs)

Yeah...force of habit. Didn't know the MIT settings were no longer hidden.

There are still a few other hidden ones for a couple of other sections though...

Comment

Ya, Seems they have! I didnt look until you now said it is gone! Maybe they pulled it because of a issue? Not sure, I do know I saw it there before though

*EDIT*
              Found out why, F8 had RAID5 issues, and would not properly flash if Clear CMOS and DMI was not enabled during flash and so was quickly pulled and replaced with F9a and F9b

Ya, there is a Few still hidden, but the MIT should be fully visible and Hotkey no longer needed. I know what ya mean force of habit, I often still hit it myself and forget cause I was so used to doing it

Comment

Working...
              X