Gbyte MB and case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbyte MB and case

Hello: I just received a ga-ep35-ds3r mb from e-bay. This is my first build.
    The mb has 7 holes for standoffs, 2 on top and bottom, and 3 in the middle of the board. The rightmost hole in the middle has no corresponding hole on the case. I had read in forums that this particular board is smaller than standard ATX boards--so is it normal for this rightmost hole to go unsupported? Will the other 6 be enough? I don't know what I'd do if the answer were no, but I'd like to get some feedback on this matter. The mb manual doesn't mention holes at all, and no pictures for orientation--nor does the quick install sheet, which manages to ignore holes and standoffs in about 10 languages.
    Thanks, Shawnee

Re: Gbyte MB and case

Originally posted by shawnee View Post
    Hello: I just received a ga-ep35-ds3r mb from e-bay. This is my first build.
    The mb has 7 holes for standoffs, 2 on top and bottom, and 3 in the middle of the board. The rightmost hole in the middle has no corresponding hole on the case. I had read in forums that this particular board is smaller than standard ATX boards--so is it normal for this rightmost hole to go unsupported? Will the other 6 be enough? I don't know what I'd do if the answer were no, but I'd like to get some feedback on this matter. The mb manual doesn't mention holes at all, and no pictures for orientation--nor does the quick install sheet, which manages to ignore holes and standoffs in about 10 languages.
    Thanks, Shawnee
    Well the "EP" version you have according to the webpage is the same size as mine, ie full size ATX
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1)

If you click on the picture to enlarge (on the web page) you will see there are 9 mounting holes. 3 lots of 3 if you like.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Re: Gbyte MB and case

Yeah, there is 3 sets of three top, middle and bottom. You must be overlooking some

Comment

Working...
      X