Got my system rebuilt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got my system rebuilt.

I'm in the midst of preparing a spread sheet to see how much tRFC affects performance and where you can draw the line between that and stability.

It would be good to produce an online calculator, but with the sheer amount of variables it would make it an enormous task.

Alternatively, maybe tweaktown would allow forum members to submit their setup results. ie one say that has always been stable and a second about their maximum stable overclock (if they have one). Just an idea... :-)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Well....

I had tried a number of settings in the BIOS in the tweak section. I found if I tightened the memory ticks any more than 5-5-5-15 the system would reboot 2 or 3 times on it's own. When I would get in the BIOS the system reset the ticks to factory default 6-7-7-24. I wound up having to reload the Optimized settings all over again.

I also found I could OC the CPU 7% to 2.88 Ghz without having to underclock the memory bus speed of 1125 Mhz . I was getting upwards of 7,900 MB/s of memory bandwidth. Not sure how stable it was.

Since I am quite new to overclocking in general practice I was more interested in getting my feet wet with some simple sucessfull overclocks than doing any stability testing.

I kinda went out on a limb with OCing my CPU all the way up to 3.5 GHz. I had no idea it was gonna speed up the memory bandwidth as much as it did. When I first saw the Everest bench memory speed of 8,600+ MB/s I lost my breath. I thought "uh oh...I toasted my brand new memory"

Comment

If you take the AUTO off everything and manually set it you can get far better results. I do see you are new to all of this, so it may take you some time.

But just wanted to let you know Auto with or without turbo, extreme, ect will be no where near what manual tweaking will get you.

Here is my Mushkin 6400 @ 900Mhz with no tweaking done yet, havent had time to get in there and play yet >>>>

Comment

Working...
        X