Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DS3R f11 BIOS

Hi! First post on these forums :)

I'm looking at getting myself a spanking new 45nm chip, and would therefore need to update my board's BIOS (a rev 1.1 P35c-ds3r). Has anybody got this BIOS, and does it work fine? I don't want to flash to something that messes around with my PC!!!

While I'm here, I also have a really weird problem with my PC, which I assume is down to the mobo. When I plug the headers for my case's front USB and audio ports into the motherboard, the entire system dies. Literally nothing happens when I switch it on; no lights, fans, PSU, nothing. The PC remains dead for a good 10-15 minutes after I unplug these headers, and then seems to miraculously start working again! I've had the computer for just over a year and never got it sorted. Any ideas?

The rest of my specs are

E4500
    2GB PC6400 Geil Black Dragon
    Corsair HX520
    Gecube 3850 OC
    Seagate 7200.10 320GB HDD
    Samsung DVD-RW
    Thermaltake Soprano case
    Vista Home Premium 32bit (dual booted with Ubuntu).

Cheers for the help, and hi for the first time!

Re: P35C-DS3R f11 BIOS

Sounds to me like your case wiring is not HD or does not match up with the Board. You should ALWAYS check with the case wiring diagram and Motherboard Diagram before plugging any Cables like that in, you can fry your board but sounds like you have not. What you will need to do is either get a new case or dont use that plug, or re-arrange the wiring inside the plug to match the board. And yes, some will not work period

As for a BIOS flash, do you still have your older 775 CPU? If not you will need to borrow one to flash with maybe. What BIOS is in the board now? It may work, you could always try and if it does flash to the one that officially supports your chip.

Flashing guide here (Do not use @BIOS!!!) >>>

Here is the BIOS's for your board, F4 and up will work for your CPU. To find out what is in there now on the MAIN page of the BIOS hit F9, that is if you can get into the BIOS

Comment

OK cool, I think I will just leave the front headers-don't want to risk frying it!

I've still got my E4500 so that won't be a problem. Do the F11 BIOS work OK? I've heard that there were a few problems with the F10 ones.

The Gigabyte website implies that it is any BIOS from F5 onwards, not F4 will work for the 45nm chips...which is right?

Comment

Originally posted by manic111 View Post
        OK cool, I think I will just leave the front headers-don't want to risk frying it!

I've still got my E4500 so that won't be a problem. Do the F11 BIOS work OK? I've heard that there were a few problems with the F10 ones.

The Gigabyte website implies that it is any BIOS from F5 onwards, not F4 will work for the 45nm chips...which is right?
        I'm using the latest F11 bios (NOT the F11 beta) on my board and have had no issues at all.

If you do update, using the floppy method, please note as per the sticky at the top of the page that Gigabyte have changed the flash utility packed with this latest bios.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
          I'm using the latest F11 bios (NOT the F11 beta) on my board and have had no issues at all.

If you do update, using the floppy method, please note as per the sticky at the top of the page that Gigabyte have changed the flash utility packed with this latest bios.
          I have no floppy drive-can I not use the USB stick method?

Also, should I clear my CMOS before or after flashing?

Comment

Originally posted by manic111 View Post
            I have no floppy drive-can I not use the USB stick method?

Also, should I clear my CMOS before or after flashing?
            You can indeed. I was just pointing out that if you did use the floppy method (as i do) that between the F11beta and the F11 proper release, Gigabyte had changed the type of flash utility packed with the bios.

There is no need to clear the CMOS before (or after) flashing. Loading up the "Optimized Defaults" which is part of the post flashing procedure, effectively removes/resets any user data and returns the boards settings to the factory default - which is "essentially" the same as clearing the CMOS.

Just realised yours is a Rev1.1 board although that makes little difference as the bios releases for both Rev 1.1 & 2 coincide with one another.

Any additional info you need can be found in the write-ups LsdMe... has written and posted as stickies at the top of the first page. They are worth the read.
            Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-21-2008, 09:37 AM.
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

F4 and up for your board and CPU will work, I did look it up before I answered you

P35C-DS3R Rev 1.x

CPU Support list Showing F4 onwards >>
              GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 1.x)

BIOS Download >>>
              GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 1.x)

And yes, some CPU are supported by lesser then shown BIOS as well

You may flash with Qflash and the BIOS on a USB stick, will work just fine. Please see the guide I posted images of flashing with Qflash and a USB Stick >>>

Comment

Working...
              X