Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1 unable to install any OS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1 unable to install any OS.

Hi, just bought a 780g Board. Current setup is:

GA-MA78GM-S2H Upgraded to F5
    4850e CPU Boxed
    2x1 GB Crucial Value RAM D9GMH
    40GB Seagate SATA 2.5" and 160GB Samsung IDE HDD
    Pioneer DVR112 DVD-Burner

System is not installed into a case. Just a power button connected to it, no speaker, no reset button no anything.

When first boot device set to cd, system loads os starts to install, but can't complete Vista setup. Hang during completing Setup (final setup step). It takes very long anyways to start installation. Expanding files takes very long. Hangs for about 5 minutes @ 0% !
    XP starts installation, but after first reboot system freezes when cd boot timeout passes (the moment, where it switches from first to second boot device). Also tried IDE native mode and AHCI mode. Nothing helps. Any ideas what I could try?

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1 unable to install any OS.

Post some images of your Disk BIOS page, you may have things set wrong aside frome first boot device

If you are not using RAID you should have this >>>

OnChip SATA Controller.... Enabled
    OnChip SATA Type... Native IDE
    Onchip SATA Port...... IDE or As SATA Type

Aside from that, have you tested your ram either in that system or another with memtest86+ to be sure you did not get DOA RAM? Test one stick at a time >>>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Crucial is BY FAR not the best anymore, Just a FYI. You may also want to try your system install with only one stick of ram in slot one.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      Settings are correct.
      Here are some photos.

RAM aren't DOA. Used them in my Intel system until today. Back in there, they work like a charm. On the Gigabyte, I used a single one, two in dual channel, two in single channel... every possibility was tested.

I have another problem. When I put in my old x1800xt from my intel system, I get no picture, neither from onboard nor from graphics card.

Comment

Sorry for double posting, but i don't know how to edit a post in this forums.

To my first problem: OMG, I am so freekin' dumb. Each time I tried to install Windows, I made a quickformat. This time I tried full format and voila...I just installed XP. But still problems runnig the x1800xt.

Comment

Ahh nice to see!

Ya, you have to be here for a few more posts (Not sure how many) before you can edit a post. The button for it will show up when you can right beside the Quote button

Silly me, I went to check your images to be sure before I read your second reply!

Init First Display should be set to PEG as you have it for your X1800xt.

Have to ask, are you sure the card works? And you have it's power cord plugged in if it needs one?

I would set Internal Graphics mode to disabled, as that is the Onboard chip. Then you can enable surround view for ATI cards if you would like. It should be available after you disable the onboard chip and install the ATI card driver in windows >>>
          Drivers & Software

Comment

Ok, got the that problem solved, too. It was not a hardware issue. My TV (Toshiba 42") doesn't recognize signals from that card. Weird, huh?
            My Samsung 930BF shows a normal screen. Ok, guess that's it. Thank you for you assistance :)

Comment

Ahh, Yeah some Tv's need special adapters or just dont work all together. Nice to see you figured it out.

Post back anytime if you think we can help. We will try our best to help with any issue you may have.

Enjoy your system!!

Comment

Thank you very much. Yesterday, I installed Vista. Everything ok. But there is one thing, that is bugging me. After the first screen, where the installer says Loading Files (or something like that..black screen with white bar at the bottom), the system waits for like 2-3 minutes without any activity (HDD and DVD). As I installed Vista on a few PCs and Laptops, I know that is not normal. Maybe it's the way AMD works. But I thought, maybe my RAMs are not the best choice for this board. Can you recommend some RAMs, that are going to work flawlessly with this config?
                And one more question: Is the memory clock bound to the CPU Bus Speed? I mean, if I raise CPU bus and Mem is set to 533MHz, will Mem frequency go up aswell?

Comment

I believe you can unlink AMD Ram and CPU Bus. But I do not know too much about AMD, but I am pretty sure they are not linked like Intel's are. Or there is a Link/Unlink setting in your BIOS

Well on the first Vista install it does take a few on that screen as it is testing your system, but you said you have done it before so you would know what to expect and if it was too long.

I always recommend Mushkins, then G.Skill, then Geil for Gigabyte boards

Comment

Working...
                  X