This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

^This warning about @BIOS is a few years old.
    Should be no problem flashing now.

Comment

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

This is from the first post in this thread:
      *NOTE*
      Once you have flashed and rebooted back into the BIOS choose Load Optimized defaults and save and apply. This is a required step for the flash process to complete, and for the new BIOS to be properly loaded into the chip.

Then reboot Back into the BIOS again before you go into windows. You will need to set your hard drive settings again in the Advanced BIOS page. MOST IMPORTANTLY do not try to load Windows if you are using a RAID setup without setting these disk settings again or you will corrupt your RAID Array.
      crazybear wrote:
      Also, I just saw someone on the Gigabyte Official Forum said that to be sure the BIOS chip was drained of all current, one shouldn't take out the battery for ten minutes or even 30, but several hours - is this really necessary?! My PSU does have very large storage capacitors, but I thought I'd just disconnect the main cable to the MB and video card.
      I have never seen this advice for bios flashing.

Sometimes it's necessary to clear the cmos and reload a saved bios profile to solve some problems. On rare occasions a simple cmos clear won't help and you need to do an extended cmos clear:
      1. power off your system
      2. remove the A.C. power cord from the electrical outlet or from the back of your power supply
      3. press and hold the front panel ON/OFF button for 20 seconds to discharge the power from your system
      4. remove the motherboard's battery
      5. leave your system in this state for 10 minutes, 30 minutes or possibly for 12 - 24 hours

I always perform steps 1 - 3 whenever I add/remove hardware and/or any internal wires or cables.
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A &quot;How To ~ Qflash Guide&quot;

Hello there i have problem with new F8-mod bios for gigabyte z87x-oc , when i try update by this file @Bios give me a error " You need to update you @Bios before flashing new bios" .
        Thing is i have newest version of @Bios...
        Could anybody help me out ( i cant use USB stick atm because is broken)

Regards

Comment

Which version of @BIOS you have...?
          I flashed with @BIOS B13.1112.1 without any problem.

Comment

hmm... i has the same i believe .. but after this error i download "new" one from Europe FTP server and got error while install it , and the same error ( which i posted before ) while trying install new Bios.
            I guess i try reinstall whole GB soft and try again :/

p.s.

To be honest i blame my Avast antyvirus software ,,, after recent updates maybe protect more.. but at the same time cause a lot of problems with soft which i used from a long time .

p.s.2

Sorry for waste You time , after version check i has older than Yours and posted on GB site , no clue whats happened ... as im sure i updated it from EU FTP before try to flash ... eh well nvm have good night and thank you for response
            Last edited by kiwaczek; 03-29-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwaczek View Post
              hmm... i has the same i believe .. but after this error i download "new" one from Europe FTP server and got error while install it , and the same error ( which i posted before ) while trying install new Bios.
              I guess i try reinstall whole GB soft and try again :/

p.s.

To be honest i blame my Avast antyvirus software ,,, after recent updates maybe protect more.. but at the same time cause a lot of problems with soft which i used from a long time .

p.s.2

Sorry for waste You time , after version check i has older than Yours and posted on GB site , no clue whats happened ... as im sure i updated it from EU FTP before try to flash ... eh well nvm have good night and thank you for response
              What?

Comment

Hi, I dowloaded modified BIOS for my Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H. But this Bios extention is .bin. How to use this .bin file. I already have Bootable USB. Which file should I add these USB?

Comment

Is noting wrong with .bin BIOS file.
                  Just type BIOS name in DOS or flash with Q-Flash/@BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    Is noting wrong with .bin BIOS file.
                    Just type BIOS name in DOS or flash with Q-Flash/@BIOS.
                    What is that mean I dont get it? Should I change .bin to my BIOS name?

If I write this code under the DOS will that work or not?

C:/>Efiflash
                    C:/>Efiflash ud5h-9-mod.bin
                    Last edited by telepati; 06-24-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Yea, Efiflash ud5h-9-mod.bin

Edit:
                      You can change "ud5h-9-mod" name to whatever you want.
                      Last edited by stasio; 06-24-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                        Yea, Efiflash ud5h-9-mod.bin

Edit:
                        You can change "ud5h-9-mod" name to whatever you want.
                        Thank you. Thats helped a lot...

Comment

I will change my r9 290 tri-x oc with gtx 780 and samusng evo 120 with evo 250gb. Do I need to update bios (@bios) and check ''clear dmi pool data''?
                          G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

Originally posted by luckyboy View Post
                            I will change my r9 290 tri-x oc with gtx 780 and samusng evo 120 with evo 250gb. Do I need to update bios (@bios) and check ''clear dmi pool data''?
                            Anyone?
                            G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

Originally posted by luckyboy View Post
                              Anyone?
                              Which BIOS you have flashed?
                              If is latest,I think no need.

Comment

Before week was with f4a, but reverted to f3.

Any risks if check ''clear dmi pool data''? In other forums recommended do not check this option, but why..I don't know.
                                Last edited by luckyboy; 09-02-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X