e5200+g31m-s2l dual core not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e5200+g31m-s2l dual core not working

It is a SP3 Install disk, or did you mean the install you have on there now is updated to SP3?

When I asked about SP2, I meant you Install CD. Does it have SP2 included? If not you will have to make a Slipstreamed XP Install disk or it will never included it no matter the board

Do you need some files? I can give you any files you need, let me know. I have several machines installed on my PC, I can give you SP2 or SP3 files from XP if you need them just let me know which you would like And I will zip them up and upload them for you

Comment

fixed :D well you were right in the end it was windows. windows was insisting it could only install as a "standard computer" rather than acpi multicore however where many attempted reinstalls failed brute force worked and the system is now running perfectly. I would just like to say thanks very much Lsd for all your help and sorry for blameing the motherboard/cpu compatibility. it just seemed like a likerly reason for the problem (the concept of a $59 motherboard working flawlessly just stuns me) but in reality it was windows being stupid. once more thanks and good luck

Comment

Nice!

Great top hear you got it working! I dont mind you blamed your board at all, just nice to see you went thru the hassle and got it working properly as opposed to going thru the RMA hassle! HAHA

So, how did you end up getting it corrected? Just a new clean install after your BIOS flash from before?

Comment

G31M-S2L F8a Beta BIOS >>>
          g31ms2l.zip

Comment

hey i have a dual core e5200 for like one yer and it worked perfectly until now i get the same stuff second core not working i think its fried because it worked fine with the processor oc at 3.0 all the time it stopt working like a week ago when i sent my gf8800 card off to service and now i have a radeonx550 but i dont think that the videocard change has nothing to do whith this i`m running win7 an ubuntu linux and in both the second core doesnt work anymore enyone is there a test to see if its fried?

Comment

Please clear your CMOS and be sure you are using the latest BIOS. Then go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults and it should be ok after that.

Only real way to test would be using another board to test with to be sure. It could just be a error though, please try the above things and see if it helps

How to clear CMOS is posted in the second post in this thread >>

You could also try uninstalling your CPU in device manager and reboot and let it reinstall the drivers, sometimes windows driver errors can mess this up as well. you could also setup a dual boot and test a clean install if you wanted to

Comment

thanks for the reply i solved it last night by uninstalling the cpu on device manager and it worked i reseted the bios too i think that the bios reset was the fix because linux was showing me like windows one cpu:)thx again

Comment

Glad to see you got this fixed!

Post back anytime if you need more help with things!

Comment

Working...
                  X