Help: E8400 + GA-EP35-DS3R BIOS settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help: E8400 + GA-EP35-DS3R BIOS settings

Well it is up to you, 13 hours is a long time. But yeah a error is a error and for best settings 24hrs+ would be recommended but not everyone tests everything that long so it is up to you to retest or leave as is

Comment

OK, I've just run Memtest86+ for 27 and a half hours with no errors but I didn't change the two settings you suggested in post #14. I had already been testing for a few hours with different settings when I read your suggestions, so I just left it going for a while to see what would happen.

The only difference between my previous settings (the ones that had errors after 13 hours) and my current settings is that I changed "Refresh To Act Delay" from 50 to 52. The reason I changed that one is because the only error I got in any of the initial tests was when I tried "Refresh To Act Delay" at 49.

These are the current settings which were tested for 27 hours:

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3
      Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3
      Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3
      Refresh to ACT Delay______________52
      Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3
      Static tRead Value_______________ 7
      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ auto

Here is a screenshot of Memset:

Would I be possibly better off loosening "Rank Write to READ Delay" and/or "Write to Precharge Delay" while changing tRFC back to 50? Or should I just stick with what I've got?

PS: I've been reading through some threads on this site and came across one that mentioned the possibility of a paypal account being set up so that people could give a little something back for all the help you provide. Did anything ever come of that? I'd be eager to show my gratitude for all the help you provide on this forum.

Comment

Looks good!

27+ hours stable, I would leave it myself! But you can test both of those with a higher setting, sometimes higher actually give more bandwidth on certain settings such as those. Only a benchmark would let you know for sure

Be sure to create you a BIOS profile now and name it STABLE or something like that. F11 is Save on the MAIN Page, and F12 is load. That way, after you save, you can make changes and test things, and then save a test area. And then anytime you want you can go load your Stable profile and not have to worry about stability

Ahh, I kinda gave up on that at the moment for a few reasons. Main one now being is I would have needed to make a New Paypal for the donations, and I dont want to link my Bank or CC to it so I would have no real way of getting the money out.

Thanks very much for your Kindness in thinking of that though, it is appreciated for sure

Comment

Working...
        X