• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP43-DS3L and Video

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    How did you flash? I hope not with @BIOS, that is why I made this thread >>

At least you survived, that is a plus!

C.I.A.2 is a "Generic" overclocking feature, leave it disabled. Here is some info if ya wanna check it out >>>
    CIA2

Good luck, ya there is something for sure wrong here
    Yeah, I read the thread on @bios. I used the QFlash utility and put the new bios on a USB thumbdrive. It worked fine...

Ok, I think I have things figured out, finally.
    Its the video card...

Ok, I swapped the video card back and forth several times between the two systems. It worked fine in both, which is what made me look at other possibilities. But Thursday night I pulled the mobo out of her case and ran it outside the case to check things out. It still had errors. It was late, so I shut the system down and left it.

Friday night I decided that since it was already outside the case I should just swap the whole thing. So I moved the mobo, CPU and fan, video card and RAM into my case and put my parts in her case. Then I ran NWN2 in her system and it ran fine...Turned on my system with her mobo and parts...and it would not even load Oblivion before it crashed.

Ok, so now I tried moving parts again. I swapped the RAM and had the same results. Then I moved the video card and now her system crashed and mine ran fine. I moved it back and forth several times...and each time trouble followed that one video card.

I am happy and POd at the same time. Why didn't it do that before???

Anyway, EVGA is shipping me a new card and I will return the one I have. Will be Wed/Thurs before the new one arrives.

Rod

Comment

I thought so at first, you had me so convinced otherwise though so I had to sum it up to the case.

Well at least you now know the problems! I dont know, I thought we for sure had ruled that out.... I guess not! HAHA Sorry for not keeping on you to test both cards!!!

Good luck on your RMA, and keep us apprised

GLAD to see you found the problem for sure though, that was alot of testing! Tell you wife she owes you now

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        I thought so at first, you had me so convinced otherwise though so I had to sum it up to the case.

Well at least you now know the problems! I dont know, I thought we for sure had ruled that out.... I guess not! HAHA Sorry for not keeping on you to test both cards!!!

Good luck on your RMA, and keep us apprised

GLAD to see you found the problem for sure though, that was alot of testing! Tell you wife she owes you now
        Yeah, I swapped the card out (no kidding) at least 10 times.
        It was not till I moved her mobo into the other case that it started showing up. Like you said, I was sure it was ruled out.

<scratches head> darnedest thing I ever dealt with. Well, the new card should be in by mid to late week and we will know then.

Thanks again for all your help...
        Rod

Comment

Glad you found it! I was beginning to think I may have to come over and see all this myself

Hope your new card is fine, Sapphire is all I will use!

Good luck! And for sure let me know how you get along

Comment

Working...
          X