Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x48t-dq6 and 4870x2

Originally posted by greg64140 View Post
    Ok, so i think to take an geforce gtx280, i will retest when i get the sapphire card.

But i can't explain why i did 15700 points to 3dm06 with my pc(see the signature), and my retailer did 15980 with a e8500 at 3.16ghz.
    because 3d mark can't control quad cores , it only uses 2 of your cores as most of the games too , which should change pretty soon. the gtx 280 is not really the best choice imo, i'd rather take 9800gx2 if it is for gaming. the gx2 performs betetr in games according to the tests if i remember right , but u might wanna double check the tests here on tweaktown. I'm also unsure what noise the gtx 280 will do. I would assume that noise will still be there but a bit lower.
    Last edited by defiler; 10-29-2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

3D MARK 2006 was optimized for multi core, with a dual core at 3ghz 3100 point cpu score,et with my qx9650 at 3ghz 5050 points cpu score. And with the 4870x2 i lost 600 points for the cpu score.

Comment

Yes, Dont use @BIOS anymore you will end up killing your board

Comment

Ok so, i put the bios on an usb key in fat32 and i boot on qflash, and select the folder?

But i am on the f5 bios version, flashed with @bios, so i will reflash with qflash ?

Have you got any informations on f6a bios version for the x48t dq6?

Comment

Yes, you must extract the actual BIOS file out of the EXE you download then put that on the USB Stick and go into Qflash, flash and enable DMI Clear and let it flash. Then load the BIOS and load optimized defaults and set your ram voltage and save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS. And then enter your settings again, dont forget you will have to set your Hard drive settings again as well

Comment

Ok, but i am already in f5 bios version, but when i flash my board, i did this with @bios, so i will reflash it with qflash?

Comment

If you already flashed with @BIOS and your board did not die then you are fine with that F5 flash.... Just go in and load optimized defaults and set your ram voltage again then save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS. This is a MUST to go back to the BIOS before windows, especially if you have any RAID Arrays setup as you will need to set your disk settings again as you had them before

Comment

Hello all,

I have got the solution for that noise problem, cause i had it myself to first.

I have the GA-X48T-DQ6 + 3870X2 setup as well, and i had alot of noise comming from the inside of my pc. Especially with the game F.E.A.R. (at the menu). However I changed my power-supply to a coolermaster realpower 1250, and the problem was gone/fixed!!!!

At first I had a 850W power-supply (brand i cant remember again...)

I did now get rid of the 3870X2, and got myself 2 4870X2's in crossfire, and it still works great!
                  -----------------------------

As for the BIOS flash updates from gigabyte, i wish i could find some more detailed information anywhere on them!!!!!!
                  Seems they forget to put that info somewhere.......

Cya!

Comment

Thanks for posting your findings!

Here is some flashing info I wrote up >>>

If you have anymore BIOS flashing questions feel free to ask

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and I have a problem with my new graphics cards, two Sapphire HD 4870x2. My systems specs are VERY similar to those posted here and thus I wnated to know if you people are having the same probelms I have.

Mobo: Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 (BIOS version F4)
                      CPU: Intel QX9650 3Ghz
                      RAM: 8GB = 2 x OCZ3P13334GK
                      PSU: Corsair HX1000

Basically I can't run any game or benchmark tool properly. After launching games or 3DMark Vantage the PC freezes. In 3DMark Vantage I keep getting a back screen and the PC freezes. And in the last couples of days the crashes happen also during normal 2D work, e.e. watching movies or just doing nothing. I have tried different combinations of OSs and drivers and nothing has solved the problem. I'm thinking it could be the PSU that is not powerfull enough or the cards are broken. I'm discarding drivers/software issues as I have tried everything and nothing solves the problem. This happens using both cards in Crossfire X mode or when I test them individually like I'm doing currently.

I wanted to know whether some of you have the same issues? specially people with the same mobo. Have you updated the BIOS?

Thanxs,

Comment

Working...
                      X