Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45 DS3L random freezing issue

TY for the reply Lsd

The PSU I am looking at is -> http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=CORSAIR

The RAM I am looking at is -> NCIX.com - Buy Mushkin HP PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL5-4-4-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit - 996587 In Canada.

The issue with the video card came up with a friend of mine.
    He purchased the same MB and Video card as I did. His video card was experiencing
    black screens and had it replaced. Then ran the machine for a few more weeks.
    Then the issue came back. He RMA'd the card with EVGA and had the same problem
    again. Since then, he bought an ATI card and his problems were solved.
    I have NOT had this black out screen on my system at all.
    He mentioned he saw a post on here that someone else had this problem too.
    Was just wondering if maybe this was a known issue that has since been resolved
    by GIGABYTE, or if this was just a random issue.

Comment

Ouch NCIX (Had to say it, I just HATE their Shipping prices!!!)

That is a good ram choice. That is also a good PSU, it is triple rails though but again that is up to you.

Did you find the GFX cards specs so you can see if it support the needed 12V amp requirements for the card?

YA, that must have been a random issue or a DOA card or other unrelated issues that were never resolved so he kept RMA'n the card. I use ATI only myself, Sapphire only for that matter

But I think you would be fine with all of the above provided that PSU has the proper amount your card needs. Which I would assume with 50A combined you will be fine

Comment

Agreed with the shipping prices with NCIX.
        However, I live 6 blocks from them so shiping isn't an issue for me. :-)

The GFX card requires 400 watt PSU with a minimum of
        26 amps on the +12 volt rail.

Do you know of another PSU I might look at?

More than anything, I am looking for rock solid stability for this system.
        A no-nonsense approach is more along the line I am looking for.
        This GFX card would seem to point otherwise, but it originally wasn't purchased for
        this system. It was actually meant for my system, but I decided to opt for another
        card on my system... so this card went into her machine.

Comment

Nice, so they let you pickup directly?

That PSU is good, maybe you could find a cheaper model for that PC since it wont be used so hard

Like maybe this one, better brand and features for less >>>
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-28-2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is a retail outlet. They are very helpful bunch there too.

TY for the PSU recommendation. Seems a better choice for me as well
            as cheaper too.

As far as the ram choice, is there a better choice for me with them as well?
            Not sure she needs 4 gigs of ram on her machine... But like I said, I am wanting
            stability overall. Speed is nice of course, but not the main concern.

Problem stems from Gigabyte's site itself. They show the DDR2-6400 Crucial's
            as being compatible with this board. But I guess they can't really say just how
            reliable any of the sticks are.

Comment

Nice to see you can stop by, wish I had a store by me!

Ya, PC Power and Cooling make great PSU's and they are usually the most expensive, or close to it so that is a good deal

My Opinion is Crucial does not work well in GA boards, many disagree... But I know what I know.

I used to think it was more P35 issue but not my thoughts anymore

Good luck on deciding what to get, post back if you need help with any of it

Comment

hi guys.... just to drop by and say thanks for all the help i received during the hard time of getting my pc works... but i eventually did give up and send my system to the vendor's tech for diagnosis. and surprise surprise... they found the graphic card was faulty!! they happily refunded me the money as they didn't have the card in stock (9800gtx+), so i carried the money and went to another shop and paid extra $4.00 for an ASUS 9800gtx+, installed, and it has got not even a single problem so far... but running everything happily and smoothly.

i guess everything is finally stable...

Comment

Great to hear it!

Thanks for stopping back in, and post back anytime!

Enjoy your stable system

Comment

this is because " PSAPI.DLL " is too old , you have to update PSAPI.DLL on MS website

Comment

Working...
                    X