Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BSOD When installing Windows

By petefloyd, shot with SAMSUNG at 2008-08-20

Not a complete nightmare, I can generally suss out what the full screen would say but it'd be nice to see the full thing. It's a samsung 9300bf 19".

Thanks for the info on the ram LSD, think I'll be ready to go through that little grimoire soon.
    Last edited by petefloyd; 08-20-2008, 09:01 AM. Reason: Image

Comment

Hmm well you should be seeing full screen then for sure! That is weird. I see the full screen on my 19" and my 20" Maybe your GFX card is messed up

As for stretch, I can see that mentioned in some older Laptop BIOS posts but no desktop. And to be honest with you I remember having hooked up my board now once to a 17" screen and could see all the page, of course there is a few sections where you do have to scroll down but other then that I am not sure what to say about this.

Can you post a image of it for me

Comment

Like I say not the end of the world, and if I'm taking on that guide I should be familiar enough with the BIOS anyway to know what it'll be saying. The manual isn't much good though, with entries like;
        'This is the cpu clock ratio button - use this to adjust the cpu clock ratio'

Bottom line is 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', this should definitely be my epitaph. I was getting blistering performance in pro tools and cubase from the moment I first installed windows. True to form I had to start dicking about didn't I, and now I'm just not getting the same results.

Comment

Hmm that is strange, never seen it do that. Well at least it is that info side and not a setting you cannot get to!! That would be bad.

Do you have a different GFX card to test with, it could just be that GFX card doing it

You do have Init First Display set to PEG correct? If not do that and see if it helps since that is what it should be (PEG for PCI-E slot 1 and PEG2 for PCI-E Slot 2)

If you want help with settings like I said post me the ones you are using and I will see if I can tell you what would be better or what is causing you issues.

I can say if you are tweaking your Ram in anyway or overclocking you need to set performance Enhance to Standard

Comment

Yeah fortunately it's the right hand portion of the screen that's missing. Major ****ter if it was the left. I don't have another gfx card to try it with either, but I can tell you that both the card and the mobo are made by Gigabyte so you'd think there wouldn't be any issues.

And yeah it's set to PEG, it's probably the only thing I have altered in the BIOS except for loading the optimized defaults. However I tried loading an intensive session in pro tools today and it coped very well so I don't know what's going on really.

Think I'll try some of the safer tweaks in your guide LSD but at the minute it's running quite well and I don't wanna screw it up again.

Thanks for all your help man!

Comment

Well I am not so impressed with GA cards, never used one myself, but they do not look the greatest. Not to diss Gigabyte here or anything I am just into looks myself since I do not game!

Sapphire Is all I will buy

Glad to be of some help even it if was only a little! Glad to hear your running smoothly as well.

Comment

Working...
              X