Gigabyte EP35C DS3R AHCI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte EP35C DS3R AHCI problems

The guy tha`s going to buy it from me intends to use it on a SATA1 compatible mainboard and that`s why i was asking, thanks a lot, hopefully it will be soled today.

Comment

Ahh ok

Good luck in your sales, just ebay'd a drive myself

Comment

No luck so far and i`m not sure what to do: sending it to RMA and wait for GOD knows how long for GOD knows what answer they`ll give me or leaving it on the market?

Comment

Ya, I dunno about WD RMA's I know Seagate you dont even have to wonder, just wait. They send you a new one either way. You should just ebay it I suppose and buy a new one, or older used one for now

Comment

Well let me give you some news, ebay does not deal with people from this region. It never has and some time will surely pass untill it will.

Comment

Sure it does, new policy's. Everyone who is a seller is now covered fully to ship anywhere in the world by paypal. And besides, it is not ebay you really need to deal with, only paypal and the seller of a Item.

So really, you just need to find a seller (Which there is many) who ships to your country, and message them and let them know you are for real and want to make a purchase. Even if you are in nigerea you can buy on ebay

Comment

Well it think that won`t be necesary because i think i`ve got to the core of the problem. I`ve set the performance setting to Standard and disabled SATA and set the IDE controller to RAID i don`t know which of these two did it but so far it works great, no more freezez even if winrar is extracting an archive or if i`m installing something, i just hope it`s not just a breath of air and things go down the drain again.

Comment

Performance settings likely. Should always be on standard

Comment

The performance setting was the problem, now it works great, even with AHCI enabled, that`s a big relief, thanks for everything and i hope i won`t be forced to post any more problems here again :D

Comment

Glad you got it, Ya know I suggested that in Post #14. But we have had a long discussion so I guess you could have forgot or overlooked it!

Anyway, glad to hear you are back in action. Post anytime, we dont mind

Comment

Just my 2 cents but first here is my setup:

E7200 OC @3.5GHz VCORE=1.200V
                        Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 2GB @9-9-9-24
                        EP35C-DS3R
                        two WD 160GB Raptor in RAID0
                        one Seagate 250GB
                        CWT 450W PSU (great one!)

So, got some sporadic hiccup on video and DreamScene but fixed with Vista SP1 and F3 (no more beta) bios update.
                        GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                        16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                        Corsair CX750M
                        Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                          First IDE is really SATA so dont let it make you think it is that much slower because it says IDE, it is just GA's way of saying SATA mode in the BIOS. Alot of boards say it this way

Second, when you installed your System did you install the Pre OS driver with the F6 method (Or in vista's case the load driver method)? If not that is likely why you are having issues, you MUST install the driver during OS install

Did you check to make sure there is NO jumper on your disk? Some ship with them and some do not, if you have on on there please remove it

Also, what do you have PCIE Freq Set on in the BIOS? If you are overclocking, or not really you should manually set it to 100
                          Actually Not True for Vista. I have Vista 64 and have simply installed the "user friendly" Intel Matrix Storage manager (which updates the AHCI driver) after OS Install.

Vista has Native Support for AHCI "out of the box"

Don't take my word for it - "from the horses mouth". Release Notes for the latest Intel matrix storage manager driver F6 mode (This applies too, to previous releases and Vista 32/64)

Intel Quote:-
                          The F6 installation method is not required for Microsoft Windows Vista*.
                          Ms Vista built in driver = Msahci.sys
                          Relative info:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
                          Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-01-2008, 09:24 AM.
                          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Yes, I am aware of that. I must have either thought you was using XP for some reason, or thought since you were having such issues that you may want to try the F6 method anyway

Not required does not always mean won't help in some situations

And it would also have been suggested for anyone who is using the Gigabyte controller

Comment

Working...
                            X