Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Thanks man. Im gonna dig into it tonight. Taking it out of the case at this point is a good idea.

Comment

And no I havent tried every usb port. But to have them bad AND the ps2...

Comment

So If I take the mobo out and set it on a table, what should I lay it on? Static bag?

Thanks

Just don't want to short something

Comment

Tried it with one memory stick. Same thing

Comment

Static bags hold static on the outside of the bag... So no I would advise against that. I suggest either a wooden table, a NON Metal Desk such as glass, or a counter top with no metal, or just a simple piece of cardboard on a table will do.

Static bags are great, but are meant to be used to put things INSIDE of so that no static can get to them, they way they are made is all static in and around them gets transfered to the outside of the bag

So, are you out of you case yet? And NOT on your motherboard tray?

Comment

Thanks. And no, I am still in the case for now. Had to paint last night. Just bought a house and it is hard to find free time!

Ill try to set it up on the table tonight.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Ahh ya I hear that!

Be sure there is no cats around to get on your table, and do not wear socks and get up and move around alot

Comment

K thanks.

Comment

Now I am just pissed. I finally got around to removing all the components and the damn thing still freezes if I hit any key while posting. Tried USB and PS2 cleared cmos, I have the latest BIOS. Is my board just shot?

Anyone???!!!

If I try to use easytune when I attempt to apply any OC changes, pc freezes.

Comment

Oh and I also have brand new mushkin memory.

Comment

Can you load a DOS boot disk? Make a DOS boot floppy or USB and then please try flashing to the last older BIOS that supports your CPU. Or please flash again the same one, and then see if you get anywhere.

Have you tried this with only one stick of ram in slot one?

You may have something fried somehow that wont let the keyboard load until windows is running, isn't that the case as you said before?

Comment

I dont have a floppy drive, but I may have a flash drive around somewhere. How would I load the bios from the flash drive? And yes I have tried with one stick of ram.

Yes same case

Comment

Well you can use a USB stick, it MUST be formatted to FAT32 or FAT16 and you MUST leave it in when you boot. Then you should see it in Qflash it will be shown as a drive or disk though so look thru all that is presented to you.

You can make a Bootable DOS CD as well incase you were unsure. If you need to know about this let me know.

And you could also (Since you can load windows correct? I think you said yes) go in windows and make a 1GB partition of FAT32 and put BIOS files there which you can also see in Qflash then as well

Comment

Slightly confused. When I format my usb stick, no matter what I do the option to make bootable is greyed out. How am I getting into qFlash? I tried making a 1 gb fat32 partition earlier and then I tried to boot off my gigabyte cd for xpressrecovery but it didnt seem to want to see my partition. not sure if this matters but I am running raid 0 on the ich9

Comment

Here is a tool which will allow you to make a BOOTABLE USB Stick as well (Be sure to grab n add the Win98 Files) Then you can use the DOS flasher. This is all if you do not get Qflash to work with your USB since you cant get in the BIOS you may have some things set to where you wont be able to. After you make the USB Bootable add the Win98 Image and the BIOS files in there as well. Then boot and start DOS and follow the flash directions

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

Or you could use Hirens BootCD which has tons of flash and Dos tools already built in it

But the above way of doing it with a 1GB partition would be the fastest and easiest way to Get-R-Done

Comment

Working...
                                X