• Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Ok.

Six month old build.

GA-P35 DS3P 2.0
    Core 2 Duo E6750
    3gb DDR2 800
    RAID 0 Intel RAID
    Latest BIOS and drivers

Ok, system worked great until this weekend. Installed nothing new. If I attempt to enter the bios during post (tried ps2 and usb keyboards) system freezes. Cannot do anything except hold in power button to turn off. I hit nothing, system boots fine. Press any key during post and totally frozen. I have reflashed BIOS, cleared cmos. Any ideas? Please...

Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Take out all but one stick of ram in slot one and see if you can get in there. If you are really concerned I would unhook everything such as drives and opticals as well as you may have a failing drive and only doing it that way will let you know.

A PS2 should get you in there before a USB one would so keep trying with that

As for clearing the CMOS, you can BE SURE it is cleared by unplugging your PSU from the wall, Putting a hard drive or optical jumper on the clear CMOS pins and let it set for 10+ minutes. Then remove the jumper and plug your PSU back in.

Are you by chance using 6 for static tRead value? If so this could also cause the issue. If you are not sure (You may not even have that option in your BIOS, if you don't then you are for sure not using 6). If you are unsure about whether you have the setting or not and want to check download this and install and run in windows and post a screenshot back to me >>>

Comment

That is how I cleared my CMOS. I will try it with only one memory stick, and if that doesn't work I will try unhooking devices.

I will check the tRead value.

Thank you.

Comment

Not sure if this helps or not, but I did run the Vista memory checker and it came back with zero errors.

Comment

Nope, no help. Vista memory checker is useless

Please get in the system and install that app and post me a screenshot (With all ram stick in for now)

Comment

Ok. I am at work now but heading home for lunch.

Comment

OK, Well I will be back later tonight, good luck until then. If you wont be here tonight, then post as much info as you can and I will reply when I get back

Comment

Does this help?. Tried it with the 2x 512 taken out and did the same.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

4. Wasn't sure how else to do this. Didn't see multiple file upload.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Everything looks ok there except refresh to act is a bit low but not really I supose with that ram, either way I dont think that would affect you in this fashion

Try with only one stick of 1GB ram in slot one.

Ya know, you may have a fried keyboard slot....But I guess you cannot get into the BIOS to turn on USB support to use the USB keyboard. Or did you originally have that in use, and had gotten in the BIOS before with it?

Next thing to do is unplug your hard drives, opticals and any other extras you have such as second GFX card, floppy, ect. And see if it will get you any further in. If nothing you may have to RMA as I have no clue what else to suggest to you to try to help
                        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Ahh that is ok, you could have hosted them at photobucket or imageshack. But all I needed to see is the main page once and that was it. All looks good there as I said, nothing that would cause this issue for sure

Comment

Good! Ive been racking my brain hard for a few days and just thought fresh eyes may help. I cant find a damn thing wrong either. Thought about taking out all the components, that's just alotta work and Im mostly lazy. Yes I had previous enabled usb support or whatever its called and used both a ps2 and usb at various times to enter bios without a problem. Something I had forgotten, it also will not boot (gets to post screen and just stays) if I have and kind of usb hd plugged in. Either my IOMEGA or wifes usb sansa

Comment

as for it freezing with USB HD you need to enable a setting in the BIOS for that, Legacy SUB Storage Detect.

But since you cant get in there.....

Yeah, without me there and looking in person, I really cant say for sure. As for what you have said so far, all should be working. Have you tried a USB keyboard on EVERY USB port? Ask that incase your keyboard PS2 slot is fried.

Other then that.... If you dont wanna take it all out you will need to RMA, which you will have to take it all out anyway.

If it was me, I would have the board only setup on a table and test it out of the case not on a motherboard tray with only the graphics card, one stick of ram, Power supply, CPU fan of course, and that is it, No drives nothing else. If it fails there something has to be fried/shorted out and you will have to RMA

Comment

Working...
                              X