Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable the Dynamic Energy Saver ??? how ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable the Dynamic Energy Saver ??? how ???

Build my new system on Saturday, pretty much normal components.
    EP35-DS3(Rev 2.1 @ F2) + E2180 + 2*2G Apacer DDR800 RAM

I started to OC them in BIOS. I've
    disabled C.I.A.2, C1E, TM2, EIST
    clocked CPU @333*8
    Memory Muliplyer: 2.0 (@667)
    All Voltage settings are set to auto.
    Performance Enhance: standard

And then CPU worked at 3.0G. I did ORTHOS test and proved it's stable.

HOWEVER, last night(Sunday), after a normal restart, it started working at 1.8G (9*200). I entered the BIOS and all my previous setting were STILL there!!! I tried to reload optimized/Fail-save default, OC cpu as I did before ... no go. FSB was always fixed to 200.

I then tried to overclock from windows(EasyTune 5) and when clicked on the 'overclock' button, i got a popup, saying

Notice!!
    This feature is currently diabled due to either your motherboard doesn't support overcloacking feature or the Dynamic Power Saver is Enabled.
    Try to Disabled The Dynamic Power Saver or make sure your motherboard support overclocking features.

What the hell is that ?!?!?!? and I didn't find anything related to Dynamic Power Saver in the BIOS. How to disable that?

Thanks.

Re: Disable the Dynamic Energy Saver ??? how ???

Try pulling the power cord and remove the battery for 2 minutes. See if that helps....

Comment

Originally posted by sford View Post
      Try pulling the power cord and remove the battery for 2 minutes. See if that helps....
      Thanks for your comment. However does it mean the BIOS is crewed? ps can I just clear the BIOS (use jumper) rather than play with the battery (removing the battery is a bit more difficult)? Do they have different effect?

Thanks

Comment

Good questions. Yea, the bios will be forgotten, and you'll start again. I recently had a similar problem to yours, I tried setting my system to my standard overclocking (3.4ghz on a 2.4 q6600) settings. The bios settings said it was oc'd, but when the system came up, it was obvious it wasn't oc'd. After screwing around for about 15 minutes I got ticked off and pulled the battery, and everything worked fine after that. I wish I would have thought to try a jumper reset, didn't even think of it.

I think dynamic power save is a feature only accessible when you have standard settings. If you see it, then you aren't oc'd.

Hope this makes sense, I'm quite a noob myself. You may want to wait until someone who knows of what they speak shows up.

Anyway, good luck!
        Last edited by sford; 06-15-2008, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I recently had a similar problem to yours, I tried ...
          it makes me quite comfort. lol

haven't used GIGABYTE board before and my last board is a 478 P4. I mean, I am a noob too, lol.

Thanks

Comment

You can just uninstall the DES software, that would be the easiest thing to do. And do your overclocking from the BIOS which is always the best way to go about it

Comment

You can just uninstall the DES software, that would be the easiest thing to do. And do your overclocking from the BIOS which is always the best way to go about it
              Thanks for your comment. however
              1. I did OC from the BIOS. And it suddenly run at 1.8G after a normal restart.
              2. I noticed the problem when I just installed the OS, with no software/drivers installed.
              3. Now the BIOS shows CPU is running at 3.0G(333*9), but after restart, the POST screen says it's running at 1.8G(200*9). I don't think uninstall DES software can solve the problem, because it's already wrong before the OS is loaded!

more comments? Thanks.

Comment

And you said you disabled C1E, EIST, and C.I.A.2 right? Sounds like speedstep is still on, look and be sure those are disabled again.

Did you just put a new CPU in after having been using a older one? If so you need to load optimized defaults, save and apply then reboot and after a reboot then make your changes in the BIOS. Be SURE you are loading Optimized Defaults (Not fail safe) and then save and apply F10 and reboot THEN make your changes

As for no software installed? You sure you have not installed the driver cd items? That is the only way DES gets installed. Meaning you have to install it for it to be there

If your system is doing a double or triple boot before you are seeing (Or when you hit save and apply F10) then your settings are wrong in the BIOS so that would be why it is defaulting to a slower speed

I do see you have mentioned all the above is off, so I was just checking to be sure

For 2x2gb you need to manually set a few things, mainly you need more MCH for sure and a refresh to act value of at least 52-62

Comment

Sounds like speedstep is still on, look and be sure those are disabled again.
                  I should have disabled it. will double check it tonight.
                  Be SURE you are loading Optimized Defaults (Not fail safe) and then save and apply F10 and reboot ...
                  What is the F10? I just chose "load Optimized Defaults" and chose the second last item (save and exit?) on the right hand side from the BIOS and it rebooted.
                  If your system is doing a double or triple boot before you are seeing
                  It did, sometimes double sometimes triple. But I don't remeber if it did double boot when I noticed the problem. Will see how it goes tonight.
                  For 2x2gb you need to manually set a few things, mainly you need more MCH for sure
                  You mean I need to give northbridge more voltage? hm, ok. +0.1 should be fine?
                  and a refresh to act value of at least 52-62
                  sorry, don't understand what is that. you mean the temperature of CPU after OC?

Comment

Recalled something else
                    As for no software installed? You sure you have not installed the driver cd items? That is the only way DES gets installed. Meaning you have to install it for it to be there
                    I installed DES for the first time and that DES application didn't run because I was OCed(i got the error message)
                    I then re-installed OS again. This time I didn't install DES(I unticked it). Because I noticed the incorrect CPU clock, I installed DES to verify that DES was enabled. It was enabled because DES application can run.

Thanks a lot for ur comment.

Comment

F10 is just the easy way to save and exit. Just be SURE you are loading optimized, then saving and rebooting before making ANY changes.

Well once you double or triple reboot it is going to be using the default settings again and not what you had tried to use. Your settings will only stick when there is a stable boot, anything else will send you back to defaults and the BIOS will stay set that way until you change it and try again

Yes MCH is Northbridge, Add +0.1 - 0.125 - 0.150

Refresh to Act Delay is a setting in memory subtimings, if you are not seeing this then that means two things. One being you are using a OLD BIOS which you may want to update. Two if you dont want to flash the BIOS (If you do use Qflash, DO NOT USE @BIOS) go into the BIOS and on the MAIN page hit Control + F1 keys and the screen will flash, then go into the MIT section and you will see the setting I mentioned

Comment

The DES software is funny. If you install it way later after you have a stable overclock it will let you keep that as your default clock setting and not know you are actually overclocked.

But main thing is you want to overclock, so no need to install it anyway as it will just cause you issues

Comment

Refresh to Act Delay is a setting in memory subtimings, if you are not seeing this then that means two things. One being you are using a OLD BIOS which you may want to update. Two if you dont want to flash the BIOS (If you do use Qflash, DO NOT USE @BIOS) go into the BIOS and on the MAIN page hit Control + F1 keys and the screen will flash, then go into the MIT section and you will see the setting I mentioned
                          I did find it now, not from my monitor, but from user manual, hehe.
                          I set all voltage/memory settings to auto and thought this the most safe/stable way although unnecessary voltage may be put on.

I'll try
                          Refresh to ACT Delay: 56
                          DDR2 overVoltage: +0.2
                          (G)MCH OverVoltage: +0.1
                          CPU Voltage Control: 1.4 (default 1.325)

and leave other mem/voltage settings to default/normal/auto. What do you think?

Comment

Well, you can but I suggest you set them manually. But if you dont have time/dont wanna mess with it I would at least set the Refresh to Act manually (52-62) as well at the first 4 main timings (555-15 ones) And the ram DDR2 Overvoltage set to What it says on your ram sticker IE: +0.3 =2.1 and so on.

And yes, MCH may need 0.1 or more for 2x2gb sticks.

If you are overclocking be Sure you set PCI-E manually to 100

Comment

pulling the power cord and remove the battery for 2 minutes
                              this saved my mobo. Also I tried settings of Lsdmeasap and it made the overclocking quite stable. Thanks guys.

The only thing I noticed is the VDrop, which was massive. I set the core voltage to 1.375V and only read around 1.34V in CPUZ when running Orthos.

Also, can anybody let me know the safe voltage range of CPU core. I just want to find out how high it (my E2180) can be clocked to.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X