GA-P35C-DS3R minor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R minor issue

I have had the GA-P35C-DS3R for over 2 weeks now, however i find whenever i restart or boot up, it seems to take forever for it to get past the POST results page. It just waits there for ever and ever...
    (ok more like 10- 20 seconds)
    The average time for me to boot into Vista with this motherboard is around 50 seconds, and the majority of the time is taken up by the POST screen showing the IRQ, and all other information.
    Anyone having the same problem/know a solution.
    Kind of running out of ideas here....

Although I must admit besides this issue i find this board is the best i've ever seen for the price. It works great office 07 takes less than a second to load with a q6600. And all these other issues people are having with the board, i dont know, its probably mis-assembly. Because mine works totally fine first time around

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R minor issue

What are your settings in the MIT section? And are you using AHCI? If you are using AHCI that is your wait time.

I see the IRQ page for maybe 2-3 seconds if that, no AHCI

Comment

By ACHI do u mean RAID?
      Because i only have one 500 GB W.D HDD.

Comment

NO I mean AHCI, it is different then RAID. And you would have to have AHCI selected in the BIOS to be using it

Did you install a driver via F6 when you installed the OS? If so you likely may have installed the AHCI driver

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          NO I mean AHCI, it is different then RAID. And you would have to have AHCI selected in the BIOS to be using it

Did you install a driver via F6 when you installed the OS? If so you likely may have installed the AHCI driver
          No i didn't install a driver via F6.
          However i was just thinking, the boot preference is set default to Floppy,HDD, CD. But i do not have a Floppy. Could it be that if i change this it will take less time. Because it could be that it is simply waiting for a floppy or something. I would try to but i have a cordless kb and unless i plug in another one it will not allow me to load the BIOS.

I really havent touched the BIOS for this reason. And stock standard settings.

Thanks

Comment

That could take off some seconds, you are right it is going to be looking for a floppy right after or when you still see the IRQ page

Comment

AHCI does add significant to the bootup time and is NOT enabled in the bios by default.
              However you do not need to use the "F6" driver install method when installing Vista (well at least i didn't with Vista prem 64). Vista should install "straight out of the box", with ahci enabled or disabled.

Back to the original question - I would think something in your setup is being "queried" by the bios during POST for an extended time. This could be because something isn't correctly set, or a particular setting needs disabling or setup manually.
              GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Thanks all, the problem has been resolved (i believe)
                I took ur advice and checked the RAID/AHCI settings to be disabled and then changed the boot order from floppy, HDD, CD to HDD,CD,Floppy.
                The initaial boot i did not notice anything, however on the second boot the time was reduced from 12 seconds to 4 seconds.
                Thankyou all, i appreciate your help.
                :)

Comment

Sounds good. Ya know since you do not have a floppy you could just set the third device to disabled

Comment

Working...
                  X