UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Yeah...the Norton SystemWorks 2003's Ghost version has what it calls gdisk which also does D.O.D. Wipe.

If I may digress, Norton SystemWorks 2003 was the best and last utility/AV suite. Later to current versions whether NSW, AV & Ghost separately, are really HORRIFIC. No more DOS based Ghost anymore, no costmized installs, way too many bells and whistles, etc....I don't know. Symantec really started going downhill after Peter Norton left. They just couldn't leave a good thing alone. Really sad. The last decent version of the Norton AV that I used was 2007. I was entitled to an upgrade to 2008. I tried it out...it really was awful. Enough was enough. I Let my subscription run dry and switched to NOD32

As for Ghost 2003, nothing beats taking a perfect snapshot of an OS while in DOS. These newer "cloning" apps that work through Windows...forget it. It's like trying to take a picture with a camera mounted on a 2 legged tripod. Too many things can go wrong whilst making an image of a live OS.
    Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Ya, I love GHOST 2003, but I use only the 1.44MB floppy version all that is needed is 2 files. Hate that it does not work for SATA/RAID though

And I hate Norton really, but I do now use Save And Restore 2.0 for The same Ghost features, as I do not like the new ghost really.. Save and Restore 2.0 is The same, DOS based, but runs a 32bit GUI and allows may things to be done, The only thing I use it for though is To Ghost save and restore SATA/RAID Drives

Here is what the Interface looks like I Ghost my RAID Arrays with it now booting from the recovery CD. App does not have to be installed at all, and you can use it on a Clean Drive just like Ghost 03. You can even restore a RAID Image to a NON RAID Drive and Visa Versa. It uses the Vista Bootloader (I Guess they payed for this?) This is taken in Vmware on a XP install, booted from the ISO >>>

You just save a System backup (Ghost the drive) to a "Recovery Point" they now call it, and stick this on a Drive or DVD, then you can use that to Ghost that image to any drive you want. Same as 2003, only updated with more usless junk, works just as good though, better really since it will work with SATA/RAID

Comment

How did this become a thread for Norton Ghost and wiping hard drives? The problem with the drivers isn't because my hard drive has been formatted, because I can assure you that the drivers didn't work when my hard drive was brand new. So, please, LSDMEASAP, you seem to be very knowledgable about this issue. Can you think of anything else I might do to get the drivers installed correctly?

Comment

Sorry!

I thought you solved it, but I guess I missed your post between the OP's and ours. Please follow the original instructions I gave to him and you should be fine, as for the yellow Icon on the UUA device you can either test letting MS install a driver for that (As it does work for some) or just disable the device as you do not need it with RealTek drivers installed.

This is your issue >>>
          It automatically installed the kb888111 patch
          Please do all of this installing/uninstalling in safe mode as I suggest in your other thread >>>

And if you still need further help, post in that one so I can keep things straight on what you have and have not done

Comment

Working...
          X