UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UUA high def audio problem- in XP

I have been trying to get the azalia/microsoft high def audio driver to install in xpsp2 and its driving me mad i followed the guide on the giga support site and was still unable to get the driver to install. my board is the p31-ds3l. It kept finding an unknown device in dev manager and there were 2 uua high def audio lines in system devices. Any ideas? as im trying to stay clear of vista

Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Are you also installing the Realtek driver from the CD? If so that is why, you do not need the UA driver, not should you install it, go in safe mode and uninstall and delete them all and install only the Realtek driver

Comment

I have tried installing the realtek driver and then rebooted and new hardware wizard finds uua high def device as the uaa driver fails to install The realtek driver is supposed to install the azalia driver as part of its install process but doesnt.
      I followed the gigabyte process of uninstalling the devices and then reinstalling the driver.
      i tried this in safe mode as well...

see this link GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-EP35-DS4 (rev. 2.1) FAQ Service.

im beginning to lose patience with this board now...

Comment

Go in safe mode, Uninstall and DELETE the UUA driver and while still in safe mode install the realtek driver again, then reboot back into safe mode again and disable the UUA device/driver if you see it again.

The UUA driver is not needed at all, only realtek one, in BIOS put azalia on auto

Comment

i thought that the driver needed to be installed for high def audio codec

Comment

Nope, realtek is HD

Comment

ok will try this. If i said anything bad about this board i was hasty...
              I have just gone 2hrs orthos stable 3.4ghz on arctic 7

Comment

Nice!

Ya, there is often users with These sound related issues, that is the best way to fix it. Here is a direct quote of where I first saw it posted

I spent quite a bit of time, approximately an hour if not an hour and a half attempting to read up and resolve the issue. A lot of people suggested that there was a fix from Microsoft, KB Article 888111 which has a patch (has to be requested) to fix it. Be advised, this patch did not fix the issue I believe, and it also comes with the patches from Realtek... browse your Gigabyte motherboard CD or your drivers, we found the patch in both locations.

Ultimately, I was able to find the fix online and it worked for me.

The Fix

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs, Remove ANY instance you see of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver
                2. Click Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager.
                3. Search through here, and remove EVERY instance of the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver. Note: Could be under sound devices, or system devices also.
                4. I personally didn't have to restart, however you can if you want. After all instances of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver are REMOVED, feel free to attempt to install your Realtek HD Audio Driver. We installed the latest one that we found from Gigabyte's website. The installation proceeded fine (never has before), and we restarted when suggested in doing so... sound worked right off the bat.
                Source
                Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Can't install audio driver, fix inside! - [H]ard|Forum

Comment

I have reinstalled the driver in the manner you described and it installed correctly for the first time. i used the updated driver from gigabyte and the latest chipset driver from intel

Comment

So... Still working all correct? If so, great! Glad I could be of some help

Comment

many thanks for your help. its greatfully appreciated.
                      its now working great. i am gonna keep looking for the ceiling on my e2180 i am 3.4ghz stable with better cooling i reckon i can go further.im running the ram 1.1 at the moment and am trying to push over 3.4 ghz

Comment

Good to hear your issues are solved!!!!

Comment

So I've been having issues as well. I've had the issues since Christmas of 2007 and finally got tired enough of them that I started browsing forums. I found this solution and decided to give it a whirl.

I formatted my computer and installed chipset drivers, then I installed LAN drivers for my GA-P35-DS3L v2.0. Then I downloaded and installed the HD Audio Codec from RealTek (R2.06). It automatically installed the kb888111 patch. Right before the driver finished installing, the Found New Hardware wizard emerged. I just let it sit there and let the R2.06 driver finish installing. When it asked me to restart, I did. When I loaded back up into windows, I got that pesky Found New Hardware pop-up. Device Manager showed that I had one Unknown Device (whereas I had two before installing R2.06). I restarted and booted into safe mode and uninstalled all Microsoft UAA bus driver entries. Then I reinstalled R2.06 driver, and this time, no Found New Hardware demon! I restarted and booted back into safe mode to see if the pesky Microsoft UAA drivers were still gone, and they were. Then I rebooted again, this time into normal mode, and after a few moments, back comes the evil Found New Hardware wizard! Device Manager shows one unknown device. I had sound upon the last boot-up, but i still have this unknown device (I know its something audio). I created a restore point and allowed the Found New Hardware to finish its heinous deed. It identifies the device as an Audio Driver for UAA HD Audio, or something like that. The driver it finds for the device is an ATI UAA HD driver. ATI?! WTF! Whats going on? I'd prefer to have this device installed so I dont get the annoying Found New Hardware wizard everytime i turn on my computer. Any help would be awesome!
                          Last edited by Mervil; 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I don't know. It's kinda dumbfounding when I read about the plethora of problems people are having with their systems, software wise.

There is one key element that does keep popping up, though, that sort of sheds some light on the mystery(for me).

Formatting: just formatting a drive each and every time to do a fresh install of an OS, to me, is not a good thing. When a drive gets formatted, all that is really happening (in the simplest terms) is that the filing system and the master boot records get reconfigured and the old data is tucked away some place in a highly compressed and hidden directory. After a handfull of times just formatting, these "hidden" directories build up and can clutter up drives.

It has always been a personal practice of mine to "start from scratch" whereas I erase the drive completely(a.k.a. write zeros to the entire drive) which basically returns the drive to a "new" state (raw). Then I format, shut the system down, turn the PSU off, wait a minute or 2 to let the memory drain, and then install the OS.

I use Western Digital HDD's almost exclusively when I build systems. I built a few with Seagate and Fujistu. All 3 of those manufacturers have DOS based software that can zero their respective drives. Both Western Digital and Seagate also have DOS based formatting software that is far superior than the formatting function that comes along with the installation of any Windows and/or Vista installation package. I have had to use fdisk on the Fujistu drives because I searched till I was blue in the face for formatting software for their drives.

I reckon I just prefer to install and/or reinstall an OS on a clean, then formatted drive. I often wondered, if people did the same thing I do, would they still have as many problems. Yeah, it may take awhile to do all that I prescribe, but that along with a good DOS based "cloning" application like Norton Ghost (2003 and prior is the best), Nero Image, etc... will save TONS of time and aggravation in the long run.
                            Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-11-2008, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Open device manager, right click Yellow Icon, and choose Disable

Problem solved

Ya, I use KillDisk myself, with D.o.D erase, when I sell a drive. but for just a good low level format and clean I do use one full overwrite of one's then zero's

Comment

Working...
                              X