EX38-DS4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EX38-DS4 questions

Oh wait. I know what you are using. You are using memtest86+. It is the same thing but done by different people. I am going to give that a try.

Justin

Comment

Yup that did the trick! Thanks! Passed all tests no errors.

Justin

Comment

2.1 is the latest, that is a nockoff site.

You want memtest86+
        Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

And if I was you I would also get the System Memory Multiplier off of auto, and set it closest to what you are trying to run the ram at. If you are trying to run 1066, choose something just above or below that, not exact. You may need to add some FSB to do this

Comment

That's not a nockoff it's the original author of Memtest's website and yes, it's the old version sorry I wanted to include a link and didn't look at it hard enough...:(, but you figured it out. Glad it worked I think this is the same reason why my board was having problems with Memtest..
          Take care,
          Rick
          GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Thanks guys. I am going to play with it some more and hopefully gigabyte will have their opinion to my trouble ticket tomorrow. i am convinced DIMM2 is dead. If so, I am RMAing.

Justin

Comment

Whelp just RMAed this board to be safe. Hopefully the new one will be OK. It randomly rebooted again today. I really hope there isn't something else broke, like a power supply. I really hate returning a bunch of brand new parts. First the video card, now the motherboard. :)

Justin

Comment

Any thoughts on the random reboot? It just did it again while I was finishing the RMA of the mother board. Its as if I hit the reset button on the computer. None of the fans or anything stop. Thanks

Justin

Comment

Newegg got my RMA done in a 1.5 weeks! Just got my MB back today and my RAM is failing memtest86+ both sticks in the exact same spot....I've tried several voltages and the errors always occur @ 1022.8MB 003feedf18 the last bit....Looks like I get to RMA some Ballistix.
                  Take care,
                  Rick
                  GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

That sucks. Sometimes it is so frustrating.

justin

Comment

I'm gonna buy some more RAM as it will get here in 2 days rather than waiting on the RMA.
                      Prob gonna get 4 GB....2x2 GB...might as well it's so cheap.
                      Take care,
                      Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X