GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

I really do appreciate everyone trying to help me fix this. I will try your suggestions but the primary issue is this board used to overclock with these settings and now it does not.

Even if I get it to overclock using the suggested settings, doesnt the fact that I didnt need to change those before and now I do suggest the board is flakey ? This is born out by the fact that 2 of us are having the same issue.

Comment

Yes thank you for everyones help indeed. One day I could overclock it, the next day I couldn't and haven't been able to since. That sums it all up in a nutshell

Comment

Well, I can suggest AUTO is likely the cause of some of these issues. AUTO is just for getting a board started. To overclock NOTHING should be on auto, and as a overclocking you should know/want it that way!

AUTO is not always best, and sometimes does not even work. It is generally set there so that you can get in the BIOS and make your settings as you want them.

So.......... Can one of you guys make your changes to MIT and post back what you are trying to use?

Comment

Originally posted by bteheart View Post
          I really do appreciate everyone trying to help me fix this. I will try your suggestions but the primary issue is this board used to overclock with these settings and now it does not.

Even if I get it to overclock using the suggested settings, doesnt the fact that I didnt need to change those before and now I do suggest the board is flakey ? This is born out by the fact that 2 of us are having the same issue.
          Hello,
          I have GA-965P-DQ6 and had same symptom.What I did were:

1)Disconnect power cable.
          2)Remove backup battery from the board..
          3)Wait at least 1 min to make the board to "forget" everything..
          4)Reinstall battery..
          5)Connect power..
          6)Startup the computer.
          It worked for me.Although this may not resolve the cause, may be a "hotfix."
          Last edited by art555jp; 04-15-2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

thank you. that sounds like it's worth a try...

Comment

After pulling my hair out checking all the settings, ended up doing a bios update to F3. This seemed to fix it. I can now overclock
              Currently with E8400 sitting on 3.6Ghz stable Multiplier 8X, FSB 450.
              Keeping the RAM speed under 1200 and all seems good.
              Hope this helps.
              Thanks for everyone for contributing you helped me get to this stage.

Comment

art555 - Worked!

YOU. DA. MAN.

thanks a bunch to you and everyone else who offered solutions

Comment

I did the same thing as dispoiled and I'm back to 3 GHz with my Q6600. I know I can push it higher, but right now, I'm just looking for stability. Thanks to everyone once again for the effort and suggestions.

Comment

Wow, that is weird! I guess the problem lies in bad eeprom or bad eeprom controller or stuck eeprom? I was gonna recommend changing pci-x frequency to 102mhz instead of 100. But anyway, I am glad you got it to work. Post your overclocking info when u get it. Btw, cpu-z doesn't read correct multiplier(stuck at 6) for me, I had to use coretemp to read the correct frequency.

Comment

YOu have C1E turned off? And EIST, TM2? If not it will speedstep your CPU and you will see 6 as your Multi if not under full load

Comment

Well,

TRY TO SETUP CIA2 FUNCTION IN YOUR BIOS, DISABLE C1E AND EIST

YOUR SYSTEM WILL AUTO OVERCLOCKING.

Comment

Working...
                        X