Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

***Quote from AT site with permission from Grim reaper****

******UPDATE*******

OK as per my last post the Australian GB rep told me that the 780i boards would be released in Australia in about mid April. I then asked him if I could get a full refund instead as I was not prepared to wait another 6 weeks. Well I am happy to report that GB have agreed to give me a full refund as per the reps email to me today below:

Sorry about the waiting, person who handling credit was out of the country,
    I have convince our HQ for credit, so could you pls assist me forward your invoice with retailers detail so that way Gigabyte could credit your amount to our disty then our disty would transfer your credit on behalf of us o your retailer.
    I apologise on this inconvenience due to our business structure/registration in Australia were only allow to do with disty.

When above steps is done I will notice you with confirmation of status for dropping your m/b back to retailer.
    Pls do not hesitate to contact me If there is any questions

So it looks like I will definately be taking this offer. I encourage everyone else here who wants to get rid of this board and avoid GB products any further to do the same. Quote my case number if it helps - Gigabyte Australia Case ID:554359. Don't let them get away with it. Sure it may take a few emails and phone calls but if they are willing to fully refund me on the basis that I claimed the board was sold with false or misleading advertising then they have to do it for everyone who claims the same thing. If you all just let it go then they will think they can get away with this 680i debarcle. Why not get your money back? The 680SLI-DQ6 was clearly mis represented in its product spec claims and GB have now acknowledged that, well to me at least so I can't see why all of you are not entitled to the same refund. Go for it and goodluck.

Now I will be getting $432AU refunded which is what I paid for the board in April 2007 and the cost of an ASUS Striker II Formula is $429AU or an EVGA 780i for about $435AU. So it looks like I will be able to switch over to a 780i for no extra cash (except the time to install the new board) Problem is I am not exactly sure what board to go for in the 780i chipset.

Any suggestions guys?
    Thanks Grim,
    I think I'll keep posting this for a while................Good luck all!
    Last edited by jaggerwild; 03-28-2008, 09:25 AM.
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

2 jaggerwild:

congratulation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zdenal_CZ View Post
        2 jaggerwild:

congratulation!

Good Afternoon!

Thank you!
        I assume you mean for Gary Key's latest posting over @AT? Nothing written in stone yet...........
        MSI X-99SLI
        Intel 5930K WATER
        EVGA Nilla 1080
        POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
          @ Mr. Tweak.

No offence but it seems it the article you have posted -http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9228/f5g_beta_bios_for_gigabyte_n680sli_dq6/index.html is very subjective and your words chosen very carefully so as not to offend Gigabyte, to the point where you make a false statement and make us look stupid. What exactly is this supposed to mean - "The board supports an official FSB up to 1333MHz, which in turn lead some users to believe that it would (or should) also support latest Intel 45nm processors which work at a quad-pumped FSB of 1333MHz. - at least until now, where a workaround has been discovered by GIGABYTE."

There have been numerous photos of the product box and screen shots of the official product website posted in this thread that clearly show the claim made by Gigabyte - "Gigabyte GA-680SLI-DQ6 features several next generation technologies including FSB1333 support for the record-setting Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core Processors and Nvidia SLI - memory technology."

So what have we, the customers "assumed" incorrectly? Its pretty clear cut I think and no "assumptions" were made by any of the customers, except that we "assumed" that Gigabyte produced products that stood by their claims. So I guess if we "assumed" anything incorrectly it would be that. To this day there is not one single Intel Core 2 1333MHz Quad Core CPU Extreme or otherwise supported on this board. Period!

The F5g BIOS is nothing new, in fact it is 5 months old. Many of us have already tried it and guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK. Some of us have made the point in earlier posts that we are quite experienced in IT and many of us work in tech departments or provide component advice to customers and other companies. We are high end users and as you are statring to find out we have been working with GB for sometime now trying out various BIOS etc and we have been officially told by GB that this board does NOT and will NOT support 1333 Quad Cores - end of story. I am a realist, GB are not going to spend money on engineers developing a new BIOS for a board that has been EOL for some months now - although I would be more than happy to see it happen, I seriously doubt it will. This is why we have ended any hope of it ever happening and instead, now turned our attention to being compensated for being sold a product that does not do what GB claimed it would. The boat for saving this board has sailed. GB just need to develop some sort of compensation resolution for its customers as has already been suggested - refund, replacement (780i) or trade up (790i) is the only fair and amicable solution. Its that simple.

Mr Tweak, I think you have jumped the gun posting a news article giving the impression that GB have solved the problem. I understand you want to keep GB onside as they provide a tech support service to readers of your site but I think you have bent over backwards here trying to appease them (at least it reads that way to me). As Mr. Beagle posted earlier, I guess sites like yourselves are scared to report the truth and give criticism to a sponsor/advertiser when they make a big mistake for fear of repercussion by way of lost advertising dollars, supply of early release hardware for reviewing etc.

Please dont get me wrong here. I am not trying to flame you or berrate you. I do appreciate your efforts and continued input to this thread but I hope that you are now up to speed on our situation and I would request that you remove that news article or at least ammend it so that it states the facts.
          Mr. Tweak, either you have missed my post from yesterday or you are flat out ignoring me but I will ask again..... Please ammend or remove that news article as it is infactual for the reasons I have stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
            Mr. Tweak, either you have missed my post from yesterday or you are flat out ignoring me but I will ask again..... Please ammend or remove that news article as it is infactual for the reasons I have stated above.
            Don't ever any attempt to tell me what to do. I never said GB solved the problem, just offered a BIOS update to try and help fix the problem.

I am closing this thread now and any new threads or posts on the subject will be deleted and you will be banned. Take it up with GIGABYTE directly from now on.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X