Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Hat's off to Colin for even posting on this forum. Any comments pointed at you Colin should not be taken personally, we are all just at our wits end with working on this for months with no response. The following is an excerpt from my dealings with Gigabyte USA...

Gigabyte USA told me to take pics of the mobo box to enable them to open a claim. I told the support rep. (who was the manager of the first line staff) that I needn't send them the picture on the box because it clearly states the same on their website, and asked why they didn't have the info on a box of one of their products.

Gigabyte USA's response "I don't know what website you are getting that information from",

...to which I replied, Gigabyte's USA site for the 680iDQ6 specs,

...to which she replied "I don't know/can't get to that website". Fricken wow.

After I sent them the pictures, this was the last response I got from them on Feb. 4, 2008 almost two months ago...

"Dear customer,

Please provide the product specs of the processor you are using and we will
    forward the information to the headquarters in Taiwan for review of this
    case. The product spec code should be located on the box or on the
    processor. Example *BX80562QX6850SLAFN*

Thank you

Customer Service Center
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    TEL: 1-626-854-9338 op. 4
    FAX: 1-626-854-9326
    EMAIL: [email protected]
    www.gigabyte-usa.com "

Multiple follow up emails have garnered no response. "Give us the specs on the Proc. ur using" WTF?!?!?!?!?!? What, if anything, does that have to do with my request for a replacement? I for one am really tired of the run-around and would really appreciate daily updates on your (Colin) efforts to get any answers for us.

Thanks,

EK2K

Comment

@ Mr. Tweak.

No offence but it seems it the article you have posted -http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9228/f5g_beta_bios_for_gigabyte_n680sli_dq6/index.html is very subjective and your words chosen very carefully so as not to offend Gigabyte, to the point where you make a false statement and make us look stupid. What exactly is this supposed to mean - "The board supports an official FSB up to 1333MHz, which in turn lead some users to believe that it would (or should) also support latest Intel 45nm processors which work at a quad-pumped FSB of 1333MHz. That was an assumption - which isn’t correct - at least until now, where a workaround has been discovered by GIGABYTE."

There have been numerous photos of the product box and screen shots of the official product website posted in this thread that clearly show the claim made by Gigabyte - "Gigabyte GA-680SLI-DQ6 features several next generation technologies including FSB1333 support for the record-setting Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core Processors and Nvidia SLI - memory technology."

So what have we, the customers "assumed" incorrectly? Its pretty clear cut I think and no "assumptions" were made by any of the customers, except that we "assumed" that Gigabyte produced products that stood by their claims. So I guess if we "assumed" anything incorrectly it would be that. To this day there is not one single Intel Core 2 1333MHz Quad Core CPU Extreme or otherwise supported on this board. Period!

The F5g BIOS is nothing new, in fact it is 5 months old. Many of us have already tried it and guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK. Some of us have made the point in earlier posts that we are quite experienced in IT and many of us work in tech departments or provide component advice to customers and other companies. We are high end users and as you are statring to find out we have been working with GB for sometime now trying out various BIOS etc and we have been officially told by GB that this board does NOT and will NOT support 1333 Quad Cores - end of story. I am a realist, GB are not going to spend money on engineers developing a new BIOS for a board that has been EOL for some months now - although I would be more than happy to see it happen, I seriously doubt it will. This is why we have ended any hope of it ever happening and instead, now turned our attention to being compensated for being sold a product that does not do what GB claimed it would. The boat for saving this board has sailed. GB just need to develop some sort of compensation resolution for its customers as has already been suggested - refund, replacement (780i) or trade up (790i) is the only fair and amicable solution. Its that simple.

Mr Tweak, I think you have jumped the gun posting a news article giving the impression that GB have solved the problem. I understand you want to keep GB onside as they provide a tech support service to readers of your site but I think you have bent over backwards here trying to appease them (at least it reads that way to me). As Mr. Beagle posted earlier, I guess sites like yourselves are scared to report the truth and give criticism to a sponsor/advertiser when they make a big mistake for fear of repercussion by way of lost advertising dollars, supply of early release hardware for reviewing etc.

Please dont get me wrong here. I am not trying to flame you or berrate you. I do appreciate your efforts and continued input to this thread but I hope that you are now up to speed on our situation and I would request that you remove that news article or at least ammend it so that it states the facts.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte leaves their best customers out in the cold!!!!

Bull's eye Mr. Grim!!

Comment

To quote TheBeagle...

"THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING"

Comment

Good early Morning to all!
            Yeah/no. Again gigabyte fails to show up for the party, I've had all that I'm going to take. If any of you would like to get a lawyer PM me, I'm good for a few hundoo as this is rediculas!!!!!!!!
            Well I'm off to buy a new mother board of any brand but this. Again anybody wishing to take action here feel free to contact me,, then we can return the favor gigabyte did for us.
            MSI X-99SLI
            Intel 5930K WATER
            EVGA Nilla 1080
            POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Well what do you know.... looks like GB have indeed changed the product web page within the last few days..... can any one say, "the horse has bolted"

Is it a coincidence that after a few days of posting a screen shot of the N680SLI-DQ6 product webpage on the Gigabyte Taiwan website, they have now deleted to offending quote?

Here is the proof:

Before:
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tures-Copy.jpg

After:
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...edfeatures.jpg

Notice how they have removed - "Gigabyte GA-680SLI-DQ6 features several next generation technologies including FSB1333 support for the record-setting Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core Processors and Nvidia SLI - memory technology."

Could this be seen as an admission of guilt? Shame GB Shame on you. You have time to go and try to conceal your mistakes but you dont have the time to front the music and face your customers.
              Last edited by Grim; 03-28-2008, 01:13 AM.

Comment

2Grim
                I think your links is a backdown of Gigabyte... So lets see, what happens now.

I tried to ask my seller of this mobo regarding the returning or replacement, but I was bounced via emails...

Comment

I don't see it's a big deal over some mistakes at the color box or web page..
                  After all, sometimes it's our own fault where we didn't do our homework good enough.

Check on their colorbox stating... Motherboard specifications may not be exactly as shown. Check with your dealer before you purchase...

I bet not only Gigabyte has all this silly mistakes, but to most of the Taiwanese manufacturers..

As long as I'm happy with my board and performs decently.. I won't care whether it can support that silly FSB 1333 Core 2 Extereme Quad core that costs me months of saving money..

Comment

My 2 cents,
                    Retail 101, if theres a problem with a product for gods sake take down all advertisement and information :-p
                    I've worked in some stores where this has happened and the easiest thing is to take down the literature while the problem is being resolved so that it does not create any more problems. i don't think GB are stupid enough to change it with the intention of tricking any of us. they know you guys have screen shots of the offending material as evidence so i humbly offer my opinion that what they have done is merely standard business practice.

But we are still waiting for resolution as you have all pointed out.

Please do not read this post as a flame or taking anyones side. i'm merely suggesting a different point of view from my experience.

Also can i ask, has anyone checked that this new beta bios is identical to the one released several months ago? they may have made modifications to it by now but not given it an updated revision number. If someone from GB could verify any of this it would be good.
                    Andrew "Eightball103" Jones

Comment

@ son75

This is not just “a feature” this is/was a MAJOR selling point. If they can change things like that because of the fine print (which does not negate the fact of false advertising) what’s next ? A change in chipset specs ? A new socket in a next rev maybe ?

As for GB not being the only one with this “silly” mistakes I agree but others like eVGA did something to make things right instead of letting their customers take the fall.
                      Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008, 04:36 AM.
                      ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
                      ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
                      LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post
                        Good early Morning to all!
                        Yeah/no. Again gigabyte fails to show up for the party, I've had all that I'm going to take. If any of you would like to get a lawyer PM me, I'm good for a few hundoo as this is rediculas!!!!!!!!
                        Well I'm off to buy a new mother board of any brand but this. Again anybody wishing to take action here feel free to contact me,, then we can return the favor gigabyte did for us.
                        http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../310379984.jpg
                        I would like to give Gigabyte one more week to come back with a full refund or a replacement board of equal value that supports what this board claims. If at the end of one week, we still have no reply and no resolution to this issue, you can count me in for a class action lawsuit.

Federal Law

There are several federal statutes that regulate advertising. It is unlawful under federal law for a person, partnership, or corporation to disseminate any false advertisement, or to engage in unfair or deceptive acts. For example, under the federal Lanham Act, a person who uses any word, term, name, symbol or device or any false designation of origin likely to cause confusion or deception, in connection with the sale of goods or services, is liable for civil damages.

What Constitutes False Advertising?

Advertisements that contain representations that are false, misleading, or deceptive are illegal under state and federal laws. To be found guilty of false advertising, it must be shown that the advertisement was deceptive in nature. Proof that the ad actually harmed anyone is not important. Moreover, the intentions of the advertiser are irrelevant, including if the false or deceptive advertisement was a mistake.

What makes an advertisement deceptive?

According to the FTC's Deception Policy Statement, an ad is deceptive if it contains a statement - or omits information - that:

Is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances; and
                        Is "material" - that is, important to a consumer's decision to buy or use the product.
                        Last edited by cdfire; 03-28-2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

@ eightball103cdfire

Well put.
                          ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
                          ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
                          LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Comment

@ eightball103

Originally posted by eightball103 View Post
                            My 2 cents,

Also can i ask, has anyone checked that this new beta bios is identical to the one released several months ago? they may have made modifications to it by now but not given it an updated revision number. If someone from GB could verify any of this it would be good.
                            What’s the point ? According to your site’s article “Users who are intending to use this BIOS do so at their own risk” and “They instructed us to tell everyone that if temperatures are higher than usual, there may be stability issues.”

Everybody here paid good money. I can’t see anyone willing to put their rigs in jeopardy just to check a potentially dangerous BIOS nor can I think of anyone willing to invest in a 45nm Quad Extreme Cpu just to test this “new” beta.
                            Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

My friends solicitor has filed the case as of this morning. I think he's going to join the forum in the next few days once he has a functional PC so I won't have to keep posting on his behalf.

Incidentally the solicitor expects Gigabyte will settle before the court date ;)

Comment

The latest info from Gary (AT editor) is that GB won’t release a 780 board. Janus’s silence on my inquiry on GB’s plans for their next gen high-end mobos (post on page #3) is in sync with that. That said there is little chance, if any, that we’ll be offered a 780 replacement which leaves only a refund or a trade up program as possible acceptable solutions.

It would be nice if Janus, Colin, or anyone else from GB can confirm on this.
                                Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X