X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting new system, which mb X38, EP35 or P35

Originally posted by SpinachEater View Post
    I
    Second, If you buy the X48-DQ6 for the newegg price of $310 you can do a lot more with the money that you save by getting the EX38-DS4 for $207 instead. So that is $103 you would save by doing so.
    Now, X38. It has PCIe2.0 that you want. So why did I say get the DS4 and not the DQ6 series? They are exactly the same board minus 2 SATA ports and a heck of a lot less copper. The DQ6 has the north and south bridges connected via heat pipes and the DS4 does not. DQ6 also has the back side copper sink over the CPU and south bridge. This is for overclocking stability. If you aren't overclocking then you don't need to pay for all of that extra copper. Look at the comparison below to see the features side by side.
    For the first part about X38 or X48. I live in Sweden so buying from Newegg isn't an option for me and the price of the X48 is basically the same as for X38, the difference is about $30-40(about 2-300 swedish crowns).

Second , if I were to buy a X38, the only ones I have seen for sale here is the DQ6

Which means that even though I wont be overclocking the X48 looks to me as the best choice.

/Lennart

Comment

Ah, availability will for sure be a factor then. Sorry for all of the useless jibber jabber then. Well...at least you will have one heck of a top notch MOBO!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Nice, let me know how it performs, I plan to get one of the new xeon quads once I have enough cash
      Haha, I like how you read through all of that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinachEater View Post
        Ah, availability will for sure be a factor then. Sorry for all of the useless jibber jabber then. Well...at least you will have one heck of a top notch MOBO!

It's ok for this time

I appreciate all help I can get at this point of life...

/Lennart

Comment

Working...
        X