GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Bump, Where do we see and test beta BIOS's at anyway? I see plenty of users around the web who always have a beta gigabyte bios

Comment

Janus posted his email contact multiple times, just send him one and ask.
      GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
      i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
      32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
      Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      Seasonic G-550

Comment

Ahh, yeah I tried to message him yesterday, but messenger is disabled for his account. If you have his email or how we are supposed to contact him, I'd appreciate a PM

Thanks

*EDIT*

Found it, thanks

Comment

hi, i just bought a new p35-ds4 2 days ago, i had allsorts of problems installing windows BSOD random glitches etc. And now i seem to have the same cycle reboot problem explained here does that roughly 20 times then completely resets everything. I updated to bios f11 from stock and that stopped the blue screens and glitches however im not happy with having to wait about 15 minutes while my pc switches on. Does anyone know how to fix this problem cos i really like the board when it works, just if i cant find a fix im going to RMA it and get something completely different.

Comment

I have the p35 DS4. My problem from day one has been cold post. It takes me at least 3 start shutdown before I get a "beep" I have tried patriot mem. and crucial mem. (800 6400) I have tried volts up to 2.2 and 4-4-4-12. I have a E2160 only so I probably need bios 1 not 11
            I am back to bios 8 right now. I have set the computer to optimum settings and still does not work right.

However, once past Post I have no problems. The board will overclock to 3.0 but next time I reboot from shut down, it will force itself back to normal settings.

I just kinda learned to live with it.

Any one else have this problem?

I have a 850w power supply
            Rosewill RX850-S-B ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91 850W Power Supply 100 - 240 V TUV, FCC, UL, CE, ROHS - Retail

I have also tried
            ENERMAX Whisper II EG565P-VE FMA(24P) ATX12V Ver 2.0 535W Power Supply 115/ 230 V UL, cUL, TUV, CB

Any ideas please let me know. I'm about ready to just go out and buy this
            ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard for $149 and be done with it.

Comment

roglabelsociety:
              could be your hdd is fuxx0r'd from all the crashes etc.. did you try unplugging it?
              (if you do so please don't leave any cables sticking in only the controller ports)

Robertwm:
              there's other stuff in Bioses than only processor compatibility, i'd go for F11
              2.2v is quite lot overvoltage no? standard is 1.85v
              how's everything running under 'regular' settings?

i'm running my corsair at the high defaults (which state 2.1v together with the 4-4-4-12) but i didn't have to increase the voltage;
              it's on auto resulting in something between 1.87~1.89v
              Last edited by Rewl; 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM.
              GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
              i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
              Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
              Seasonic G-550

Comment

Originally posted by Rewl View Post
                Janus posted his email contact multiple times, just send him one and ask.
                Originally posted by a573573 View Post
                Ahh, yeah I tried to message him yesterday, but messenger is disabled for his account. If you have his email or how we are supposed to contact him, I'd appreciate a PM

Thanks

*EDIT*

Found it, thanks
                Ahh, well it seems that isnt the cool thing to do, or not the way he wants to be contacted. I mailed yesterday and no answer by today.

I know it is only a day, but it is not like I am asking for assistance troubleshooting or anything, just a link and some info.

Well, I wait more before I get concerned I suppose. If you see this Janus, Please Pm me or see my email

Thanks

Comment

Tried unplugging my hard disc, makes no difference (thanks anyway).

ive noticed that its only when I oc, by any amount I have an E2180 which I bought specifically to oc and i bought this board because i read about how well it ocs. I can get the CPU to 2.8 easily, havnt tried any higher yet because of this problem. Runs extremely stable at any overclock ive tried so far, while its running. I have ocz platinum rev2 800mhz 6400, an ocz stealthxstream 600watt (could this be the problem). The problem just seems to happen when i switch off the mains and leave it for about half an hour after its shut down, will not post goes into the cycle and randomly boots after reverting to stock settings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by roglabelsociety View Post
                    Tried unplugging my hard disc, makes no difference (thanks anyway).

ive noticed that its only when I oc, by any amount I have an E2180 which I bought specifically to oc and i bought this board because i read about how well it ocs. I can get the CPU to 2.8 easily, havnt tried any higher yet because of this problem. Runs extremely stable at any overclock ive tried so far, while its running. I have ocz platinum rev2 800mhz 6400, an ocz stealthxstream 600watt (could this be the problem). The problem just seems to happen when i switch off the mains and leave it for about half an hour after its shut down, will not post goes into the cycle and randomly boots after reverting to stock settings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
                    So when everything is at std then all is well.

My father in law had a very similar problem that I helped him resolve by swapping his Crucial memory with my Geil, to test it out. Having resolved it he then bought some Geil memory like mine and all is well. His system was not overclocked though when the problem, like yours, was happening.

Strange thing was the Crucial memory tested out fine in another motherboard but just did not work (regardless of voltage or timings) in his.

When you have written The problem just seems to happen when i switch off the mains why do you do that and not just switch off at the power button on your case..?

From reading your post it could suggest that your settings are causing or contributing to the problem when you are overclocking.

Mine will only revert to std settings when I have set something beyond what the hardware can support, a sort of safety feature.
                    Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Comment

Like many P35-DS4 owners I followed this thread as a lurker, thanking my lucky stars that my board works perfectly ---- until yesterday. Yesterday, with absolutely no changes, my board began to reboot and lose it's settings. It simply would not boot at the settings that it had been using for 2 months. Some extensive Googling led me to a proposed fix. By changing the (G)MCH voltage from "Normal" to "+.1", I got my board to work again. I hope this might also help some of you!! YMMV

Let us all hope that the F12 bios will put an end to the problem for good!!
                      Last edited by techtype; 02-04-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

ohw, sorry to hear about this accident :(
                        Did Gigabyte make an official statement yet, btw?
                        GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                        i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                        Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                        Seasonic G-550

Comment

Okay just to post an update, I ended up seind the board back to newegg (since it was less than a month old) and they shipped me out a shiny new ga-p35-ds4 Rev 2.1 MB. I installed it yesterday and everthing is going good (for now).

I do however have a BIOS question? Problem? Statement?

See attached cpuZ image

Comment

I got my DS4 2.1 at newegg a few weeks ago, shipped with F* or 9 I dont remember, but I quickly installed F11 as it has the new loadline calibrations and the older bios's do not.

I assume they ship with older bios's because that was the only bios made when they actually left the giga factory

Comment

No worries, 2.1 is very close to 2.0; the F11 is the same for both i'm pretty sure that goes for F8 and below too.
                              GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                              i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                              Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                              Seasonic G-550

Comment

Originally posted by Rewl View Post
                                roglabelsociety:
                                could be your hdd is fuxx0r'd from all the crashes etc.. did you try unplugging it?
                                (if you do so please don't leave any cables sticking in only the controller ports)

Robertwm:
                                there's other stuff in Bioses than only processor compatibility, i'd go for F11
                                2.2v is quite lot overvoltage no? standard is 1.85v
                                how's everything running under 'regular' settings?

i'm running my corsair at the high defaults (which state 2.1v together with the 4-4-4-12) but i didn't have to increase the voltage;
                                it's on auto resulting in something between 1.87~1.89v

I RMAed it to Gigabyte. It should get there tomorrow. I just wondering if my
                                EVGA 256-P2-N765-AR GeForce 8600GTS Superclocked 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card is somehow the problem. Its already superclocked and there is not way in bios of the p35board to turn off the "pci boost" or whatever its called. Plus the PCI card is DDR3 not DDR2 if that makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X