Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

on top of what Rick has the support and service from Gigabyte is appalling in regards to this motherboard, my dealer and I have been sending in copy / pasted replies from all the different forums i have asked for help with the same question for them to acknowledge we exist but no offer for any help or a refund or anything

jaggerwild my cpu is a core2 duo so it is supposed to be compatible, thanks anyway

This motherboard is the biggest joke I have seen, and I have worked on many
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Comment

Good Morning guys!
      more good news, my RMA is MIA witch makes me SOL. thankfully I have insurance on it, this is rediculas. And customer service witch I think is one person there in california she keeps asking for my tracking number then says it's not a valid number?
      OH IM HELLA LOVING GIGABYTE!
      good luck getting anything out of this company like CUSTOMER SERVICE for $300.00, now I gotta buy another mainboard just to use my computer.
      MSI X-99SLI
      Intel 5930K WATER
      EVGA Nilla 1080
      POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

good luck to you, I know the feeling, I am trying to find the money for one, will be getting an Asus P5K Deluxe WIFI
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Comment

I have ordered the ASUS Maximus X38 SE motherboard today from NCIX; ETA Oct. 16, 2007. I use the GeForce 8800GTX video card and do not use water cooling, but, have no intention of going SLI and the mobo does not require a water cooling setup-the option is there if you want it.
          So, as promised earlier in this thread, the Gigabyte motherboard will be thrown in the garbage next week and I will never, ever purchase another Gigabyte anything again. I cannot afford this purchase and it will leave me short, but, I cannot live with the total incompetence of this motherboard any longer.

Comment

Rick is giving you some good advice. It is alot of good advice. I have the gigabyte p35 dq6 and my bios told me it failed at 18v. Here is how I got my system up, Do what Rick is saying, when you are staring at the BIOS screen, press cntrl F1, Increase memory voltage to 2.2v Optimal Settings won't work until you set the memory voltage. Hell, get a tatoo!!

Comment

Dear all

If you need FBb BIOS, please mail me.

it's still a beta BIOS, but if you want to try.

[email protected]

Comment

I do not notice any fixes in the FBb beta, all the concerns are still there; any changelog?

Further, please answer my questions put forth earlier in this post.

Thankyou,
                Rick

Comment

Janus Yeh,

I'm still interested in some answers; does Gigabyte not think they owe us some kind of explanation for an almost $400.00 motherboard that has not had anything updated and, to add insult to injury, is EOL?

Comment

Update, they finally emailed and expected me to send my memory to them amongst other things, they where very unhelpful ( when I told them I had done every suggestion that they had made, they still did not believe me). After a couple weeks of mucking around I finally managed to get a rep from here in Australia to contact, but by then I got so sick of the trouble (the motherboard was faulty (the specifications where changed on the homepage) the whole time, was checked in a computer repair shop) and ended up buying an MSI P35 Platinum Combo, what a great motherboard. When I told Gigabyte that I had decided to buy another motherboard I never got an apology or anything, they just disappeared and I have not heard from them again. I never got an apology or anything, I am so disgusted by the treatment I got from them that I will never deal with Gigabyte again, my dealer and a couple of his friends have stopped dealing Gigabyte. Not so much what they did to me, but because of the fact they put the motherboard on the market saying it had particular specifications without ever checking that it could handle them, then changing it afterwards hoping no one would notice

Comment

Hey Belveder!
                      Man I know everybody over @ Anandtech are totally anti GIGA right now they now have a MB @400 dollars that doesn't support the new Intel chips let alone support the Quads that were already out.
                      Wouldn't you know it, there customer services found my board and fixed not replaced it. But it is up and running now, no problems to speak of so far. And has been handling my over clocks OK. I still got an EVGA mainboard 680iLT, had to RMA that as it had a dead PCIe slot in the number one position.
                      Anyways wanted to stop by and say hello to you, glade you have found better results. How does the E6850 over clock on the new board? I bet it's a screamer huh? All the other ones i've seen clock nicely.
                      Hope you all have a great Holiday Season!! And take care!!!
                      MSI X-99SLI
                      Intel 5930K WATER
                      EVGA Nilla 1080
                      POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

I registered here just to give a big huge colossal THANK YOU to Rick. I share your disdain for the whole situation, but all the same, your settings and advice on the first page of this thread somehow managed to get this new installation with this board WORKING for me. Yes, that's right, straight out of the box this board was not working for my installation at all. This sucker was crashing on me all night until I googled and found this thread which turned out to be my salvation. I STILL had to experiment with volts and RAM speeds, but the process you laid out and the other things that you mentioned to turn off (spread spectrum, etc.) appear to have saved the day when nothing else worked.

The funniest thing to me was the way the default BIOS settings did not pick up the RAM properly--I am not a novice, but the fixes that I had to do were very obscure. For anyone just starting out building computers, all of these voltage changes, "spread spectrum" disabling and etc. etc. is going to be very, very intimidating.

Why is it so hard to just put oh, 800MHz, or 1066MHz RAM in a motherboard, and have the motherboard realize the speed? My next task will be to get RAID working. When attempting this earlier, before I realized I had to "overclock" and run with "unoptimized" settings and such, any time I enabled a RAID for storage, my single boot drive would disappear. I hope I can tame that issue, if it is at all related or anywhere as severe as the RAM/FSB/CPU/volt settings that have to be tackled. If it gives me a hard time I might just resort to using three separate drives as three separate volumes in the same computer just to avoid the headache.

Thanks Rick! Yeah I signed up just to say THANKS! Did I say thanks? :)

Comment

Working...
                        X