Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35C-DS3R Memory Voltages?

Dear Mrfatboy

PC health might be my mistakes; I thought your speed fan is mean PC health.

So I told our RD its show 2.24v in PC health.

BTW, can you help me something?

uninstall Everest, and try if other software still show incorrect ?

Comment

It still reports the incorrect memory voltages with Everest uninstalled.

Comment

Same here aswell with everest uninstalled. Speedfan still reports the voltage at 2.02v when its set to 1.9v in the BIOS. Running Vista x64 not Windows XP by the way.

Comment

i cannot get my memory to run stable at 2.1V settings if I set it to +0.2 its less that 2.1 and if I set it to +0.3 it overvolts (2.24)- causing instability problems!!

Comment

Originally posted by spluff View Post
            i cannot get my memory to run stable at 2.1V settings if I set it to +0.2 its less that 2.1 and if I set it to +0.3 it overvolts (2.24)- causing instability problems!!

what's your memory reading at +.2? I get 2.13 volts which should be fine for you. You might want to pickup some Crucial 800ddr2 balistix for $45 (2x 1gb). It probably will be easier then dealing with Gigabyte. You should see what I am going thru with them (GGTS) now. It's absolutely ridiculous. I am going to give them one more shot and then I going to post the trouble ticket so everybody can see what I am dealing with :)

Comment

Well this is getting even more interesting. Update to BIOS f5 and now my vdimm is 2.29v without adding anything to the voltage in the BIOS.

This is with both speedfan and everest. If its 1.8v as default it should be 1.8v but even adding +0.1v gives me a stability problem.

Comment

is your bios on auto volts or manually set at (+0v) with this reading? Any other comments on this bios would be greatly appreciated.

Anyonelse upgraded?

Comment

Originally posted by spluff View Post
                  is your bios on auto volts or manually set at (+0v) with this reading? Any other comments on this bios would be greatly appreciated.

Anyonelse upgraded?
                  Manually set, I tried upping it to +0.1 and the system woulnd't even POST the BIOS had to recover.
                  Gone back to auto after that but may give it another go as i'm down to setup RAID array, clean etc. next weekend.

Comment

upgraded last night and can confirm:-

at NORMAL the voltage is at 2.01
                    at +0.1 the voltage is at 2.01
                    at +0.2 the voltage is at 2.15

My memory is supposed to be 2.1 therefore I can undervolt it or overvolt it.

Originally I had my other memory which died at +.03 so I guess that is what killed them.

Well played Gigabyte!!!!!!!!! You have caused me weeks of grief trying to sort this issue out and the cost in RMA.

On a side note do you get Verifying DMA pool data at startup bios screen just before windows load?

Comment

I gave up trying to help solve this issue. I have a trouble ticket with GGTS for 4 weeks now. There have been about 20 emails back and forth. None of gigabytes responses addressed my question. Very frustrating! There are only 3 possibilities I can think of.

1) Nobody in the GGTS read/writes or understands any English what so ever.

2) They are complete idiots

3) They are side stepping my issue and won't answer my many direct questions. Gigabyte cover up of the problem.

If it is #1, you would at least think they would get somebody that could read english after 20 emails. Crazy.

Way to go Gigabyte! I hope whoever is responsible for the GGTS gets fired!

Comment

Must admit this is my first Gigabyte motherboard having always used ASUS before. I dont think i'll be bothering buying again support is non-existent.

Comment

i agree - gigabyte have been useless....... wont be buying again here

Comment

Does this apply to Version 1 & 2? Does the newest BIOS fix this issue?

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

the memory is getting overvolted full stop......... it should be:-

NORMAL -> 1.8
                              +0.1 -> 1.9
                              +0.2 -> 2.0
                              +0.3 -> 2.1

But it doesnt do that - its all screwed up........ How can gigabyte justify this? I have already damaged one load of memory and now Im running at +0.2 which is 2.15 in the bios but I cannot run it at its full speed.

Crap really

Comment

I am having the same problem with P35 DQ6
                                Setting voltage to normal in bios(Manual select voltage) it show up both in EasyTune 5 and speedfan as 2.2V

It is possible to reduce the voltage in EasyTune5, but after reboot it will reset back to 2.2v
                                Also I can verify that the same module run alot WARMER in Gigabyte motherboard than in anohter board running 1.8V

Another thing i realize is if i lose the timing and possible the MHZ of the ram, it will magically show up as 1.8v (my ram is rated @ 2.0v)

IF possible, instead of setting the voltage as increment like, +0.1, etc, can you change it so it set the actual voltage like how we're able to set the CPU voltage?

Comment

Working...
                                X