Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Originally posted by wayout44 View Post
    The 3GB limit applies to all 32bit operating systems (well for those that can get that far, win9x oses can't usually get past 512MB) to be able to use more then you'll need a 64bit os.
    Knew there was a reason why I chose x64 vista rather than x86

Comment

I have 1 Gb Ram in slot 3, and 1 Gb in slot 4, any other way I get the endless booting loop.
      Damianus, hope not to offend you, but you're actually highjacking this thread, which is about that endles booting loop people experience with the DS3 boards.
      Since you don't experience the problem, you might start a new thread on optimum memory configurations?

Comment

Originally posted by sturm View Post
        Damianus, hope not to offend you, but you're actually highjacking this thread, which is about that endles booting loop people experience with the DS3 boards.
        Ah alright.
        Last edited by damianicus; 09-19-2007, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hello again everyone! Boy, I had no idea that this thread would become so popular. I guess Gigabyte has a small problem with this board, huh ;-). Well anyways, I just got my motherboard back from Gigabyte after about a month of waiting and all is running well. The diagnosis was a corrupted BIOS chip. Gigabyte has come out with a new BIOS version for this board (F4), but my board was shipped back with the old F2 BIOS. I would flash this board to the new BIOS version, but I am absolutely SCARED TO DEATH of overclocking or changing anything in this fragile BIOS. I have absolutely no peace of mind, and am treating it with kid gloves, because I don't want to have to RMA my THIRD GA-P35C-DS3R. Good luck everyone and be careful!
          Last edited by rkl525; 09-19-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Did they tell you they replaced the chip? Or just flashed it back to F2?
            If they replaced it it would indicate a fault hardware (and then understandable Gigabyte doesn't like making it public since it would mean having to take a lot of mobo's back).

Comment

The customer service rep. I talked to said they replaced the BIOS chip.

Comment

I'm having the same problem now...changed something very minor in the BIOS, restarted, now I get this crazy power cycle on and off every few seconds, no video..ironically I get a post beep like nothing is wrong, then it just sits on for about a minute then restarts...beep.....etc...

Cmos jumper didn't do squat...going to try to pull battery...don't know what else I can try....maybe change memory slots being used....UGH

BTW, my BIOS version is F2, I hadn't flashed it yet cause I didn't hear great things about the higher versions either....

- Brett

Comment

Hi Brett
                  I was one of those restartloop victims with my p35c. And i did a bit research and it seems that these problems not only occur to p35c users. I saw all sorts of P35 gigabyte mainboard users having similar problems (DS3,DS4, ...)

In a german forum i found a little how to which could help but i'm not very good in translating : here's the original threat http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb...ow&start=45#57 and this is what was said in short :
                  - take off all fan connectors from the MB ;
                  - uninstall the ram modules ;
                  - take the PSU off from electricity ;
                  - press the pc's power button , repeat that some times ;
                  - take the battery off and shortcut the 2 battery connectors with the battery for about 10 sec. ;
                  - put the battery back and start the pc (it should continue to loop) ;
                  - shut it down and place one ram module in slot 3 or 4 ;
                  - restart the pc again - what happens ?
                  - if it boots, try to load the optimized settings in bios.

If this doesnt work, i saw people trying this but making a boot without cpu. And it helped. But if this doenst help than you have to do what i did ; i brought it back to the reseller.

Good luck

Comment

Yap, I just started this Boot-loop thing after 1.5 months of running ok. But my first board did it also but since was very first attempt to boot up I just RMA back to newegg. Second board worked for month, then started having some random shut downs, but hey, its windows and i had installed a few programs so some instability is expected, lol. yesterday, try to open a game, screen goes black, then i see something about trying to reset system and line of .................. going across screen, it then trys to reboot, bingo, I'm in loop. Nothing I've done has changed anything, I will try installing RAM in slot 3 or 4 and giving it a try, but don't really expect this to work. So I'm out money for RMAs/shipping 2-3 weeks computer down time total, and will have to buy new MB. I will RMA this one, and then hope I can sale it on ebay or something, but i'm sure not going to trust my system to this make of MB anymore.

Comment

Dear all

We have a GGTS service, please link to

or http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw

you will get more help

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbottle View Post
                        That happened to me - EXACTLY the same - it hung in the XP logo, and when I reset it would no longer work. Spooky. I'd say this board definitely has issues.

My replacement has been OK so far, apart from a few lock-ups. I am very nervous though.
                        Same problem here. . .

haaayy, i doubt it. really really leh! updating Bios is too risky, . . is there any other way aside from that? btw, my mB is rev 1.0 (F4), Proc: E6750 On stock HSF. I have no plan to overclock it,, i wan it to be stable.

help me.

both links that GBT given us are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                          Dear all

We have a GGTS service, please link to

or http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw

you will get more help

Thank you.
                          Janus,

i can't access the link you posted , no good. dead link.
                          Last edited by singapore; 10-15-2007, 09:31 AM. Reason: i hate speaking american english . lol

Comment

Originally posted by well learnded View Post
                            I have a different problem. I am not even sure if it is a mobo issue, but I am trying dearly to define the problem.

Everytime I turn on my computer I get no signal to my monitor (THE BOARD DOES NOT RESET, it stays running, all the fans and lights remain on until i turn off the power). I built my system a couple weeks ago. the first time i tried to use it it didn't work. I fiddled with the video card and magically it worked. I could play any game flawlessly. As of last friday I have not been able to get it working again no matter what I try. I have used three video cards, (2 pci-e, 1 pci). Completely removed every component, booted without the hd and cd drive and nothing works. I know the monitor works because I can use my laptop on it.

I am convinced it is either a mobo, psu, or cpu issue. I don't really think it is the cpu because all 4 cores were operating perfectly when it was working, but of course i can't be sure.

Here are my system Specs:
                            Intel q6600
                            Gigabyte P35c-DS3R v1.1
                            EVGA 8800GTX / BFG GeForce 6200 (pci)
                            2GB Corsair memory 1066mhz
                            raptor drive
                            I am having the same exact problem. My computer will boot up and run until I turn it off. I get not post beeps but the monitor will NOT turn on. I just bought this graphics card and the fans spin so I assume it's turned on. I can NOT try it in another computer.

Here are my system Specs:
                            Intel Q6600
                            Gigabyte P35c-DS3R v1.1
                            PNY 8500 GT
                            2 GB Crucial Ballistix 2GB model: BL2KIT12864AA804
                            WD Hard Drive

Comment

Greetings all,

i have a boot issue with this motherboard.

-When i try to run the windows vista experience index, the computer boots
                              - when i TRY to run the game World in conflict, the computer boots
                              - when i run any highly intensive task the computer boots.

My pc config is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R with F4 bios
                              Intel quad-core Q6600
                              4gb ram ddr 667mhz, 2x 2gb patriot memory
                              raid 0 250gb x 2 = 500 gb system drive.
                              500gb backup drive
                              EVGA Geforce GTS 8800 ultra 320mb with the latest nvidia driver
                              Vista ultimate 64bits pt-br
                              no overclock AT ALL, everything set to normal and stable

things already done:

- tried to reinstall windows
                              - tried all gigabyte bios for this board
                              - tried with just 2gb on windows

the problem won't go away, and i'm sure it's a motherboard bios issue.

thanks,

Felipe Cunha, from Brazil.

Comment

I have discovered another problem with this motherboard, if unplugging a monitor and then plugging it back in, the monitor will often not recognise the computer's signal. I am sure it is not a graphics card/driver issue since I have tried different products with this motherboard and they have a similar problem. I do not want to go for the latest BIOS as I do not want the reboot-cycle problem to happen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X