GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

@explicitlyrics: I've done it too but if you are hotswapping monitors then you are potentially asking for problems. There are very few components that are truely safe to unplug and plug in while the system is running. USB and SATA plugs are the only two that come to mind.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I have built two systems with these mbo's in the last month, the first with Sn starting 724 has been brilliant so on the second build I ordered another this had SN 730 and would not recognise the the 8600GTS and had multiple different failures so I RMA'd it and got another SN starting 730 and had exactly the same issues. I have switched out every single item, tried various O/S all to no avail, 4 days wasted. I am very disappointed and have RMA'd this second board (well still waiting a confirmation).

Just thought I would add this to this mix to show there are still issues with this board.

VISTA 64
      GA-P35C-DS3R
      2 GB pC800MHZ RAM
      7600GTS
      5 WD160 (RAID5)
      (working system) unclocked

Comment

Dear well learnded and explicitlyrics

if you need newer BIOS,PLEASE LET ME KNOW

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Comment

Originally posted by dave_99 View Post
          tcfrey, make sure your memory voltage is set correctly. Your Dominators need 2.2v. Go into the bios, press CTRL-F1, go to the M.I.T. menu and set SYSTEM VOLTAGE CONTROL to MANUAL and set DDR2/DDR3 OVERVOLTAGE CONTROL to at least +0.3 or +0.4. the +0.3 setting gives me 2.24v to my 4gb of Ballistix PC8500.

Dave
          I had to underclock my memory to 1000 to use all four sticks. Tried fiddling with memory, CPU, and Northbridge voltages to no avail. The memory tests fine if I only install 2G of it -- testing with Prime95 and memtest86 v3.3.

With four sticks installed and set to 1066, prime95 doesn't make it past the first iteration, and memtest fails by the 6th pass.

I also experience the same screwy voltages as the other thread, right now I'm supposedly at +0.3 in the bios, but speedfan says it's 2.26. I never installed everest.

P35c-DS3R v1.1
          Bios F4

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 2x1G kit (2 of em, bought at same time)
          BL12864AA1065

Antec Trio 650W
          Core 2 Duo E6850

And a side question -- does anyone have recommendations for a Northbridge heatsink that'll fit on the p95c-ds3r with a Zalman 9500AT?
          Last edited by blargh23; 11-14-2007, 02:39 AM. Reason: more specs

Comment

Followup:

Updated to F6 bios
            Voltages are still 'odd', but work slightly different now...
            Normal = 2.4
            +0.1 = 2.0
            +0.2 = 2.128
            +0.3 = 2.256

Stuck a little 40x40x20mm fan on top of the Northbridge heatsink.

Still the same problem, using all four sticks only works right if I underclock. Supposedly from poking around on 'teh innerwebs' it's a quirk of the P35 chipset -- it can't take 4 1066 sticks...

Comment

Hi All,
              I'm wished I had found this thread 4 months earlier and I could have avoid purchasing this mobo.

I just started having the same problem yesterday. Had I known updating this board's bios would be such a risk, I wouldn't have bother updated mine with @Bios utility. Like everyone here, I updated to latest Bios (F8 by now), next thing I know, it reboots in a loop. I have yet to OC this board and from the looks of it, I never will either. What's odd is I was able to update it once before right after I installed my system.

I'm waiting for Gigabyte's reply, I only had this thing for 4 months. If their support stinks, I'll simply purchase another brand and pass the word on to others. My previous mobo was a MSI. It doesn't have the OC abilities as this thing but at least it's reliable.

BTW, my board is v1.x. I tried switching RAM positions. It doesn't do a thing. :(
              Last edited by techman; 11-26-2007, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I'm having issues with this board and I've tried and tested every bit of hardware and it must be the motherboard...

What is the latest on this? What BIOS should I install or should I think about returning the board?

Thanks

Comment

Still no reply from Gigabyte's support... I guess they really don't care about customer satisfaction. It's ok Gigabyte, just remember bad word-of-mouth on your product will certainly bite you later.

Have fun making and continue to sell a product that has a know Bios issue but all you people do is keep releasing new Bios that can potentially break things.

Warning:
                  Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.
                  Unless I'm mistaken, I can't be more careful than using your @Bios utility and reboot!!!

Comment

mine is working fine there must be a bad batch going about ..
                    Last edited by viper_880; 11-28-2007, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Dear all
                      about the overvoltage issue.
                      our rd told me if we use software to check voltage, there may have some different with correct voltage.We can control the MB as stable as we can.BTW, If you use Power Analyzer to test it, that will more correct.

Comment

Your R&D is not telling you the truth.

Comment

I can now not get to the Gigabyte screen after turning the machine on so have absolutely no way of upgrading my BIOS to any version. I've had this board 2 months and had nothing but trouble with it...

I shall be contacting both Gigabyte UK and www.scan.co.uk who I purchased the card through; how can you continue to allow a board like this to cause so many problems to so many people. I'm technical but not in the aspect of building a PC and it's taking my a month to figure out what actually the fault was; numerous OS rebuilds, replacement of hardware....

This forum alone can't be good rep for a company like Gigabyte...

Comment

Sorry, that is all i can do, maybe they don't think it should be an issue.

Comment

What is the official route I should follow to get a full refund on my board please. People have experienced so many issues with this board that I've lost all confidence in it; if I return to the purchaser they are more than likely only going to replace the board. Here in the UK we have the Sales of Good Act where if you know how it works you can put pressure on a seller to refund you the goods; however I don't feel it's fair to put the pressure on www.scan.co.uk as they only sell the board; not manufacture it...

I'm sure you can understand my concerns and appreciate why I want a full refund....

Comment

sorry double post again
                                Last edited by viper_880; 11-28-2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X