Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi,

I received yesterday the GA-Z77X-UD3H and set it up to test (outside of case).

It will boot up ok initially and I will get a brief view of the Gigabyte splash screen and then the screen will go blank. It does not matter which connection I use this always happens. Everything is still running but the screen is blank. I have used both onboard outputs and the graphics card output but to no avail.

I have tried without the graphics card plugged in but the same thing happens.

The USB keyboard and mouse are lit up and all fans are going but no display after the brief view of the splash screen. Is the motherboard faulty? Or am I just missing something?!

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Try to clear CMOS (unplug PSU) and update BIOS.

Comment

Thanks Stasio,

Not sure how I can update the Bios when the screen just goes blank. I have tried pressing End during post. It gets to splash screen, I press End and I get a flashing cursor in top left for about 1 sec and then the screen goes blank again.

I have cleared the CMOS to no avail.

I am no expert by any means but I am certain I have everything set up right (I have kept it very simple just to try and get it to display properly.)

Comment

Try keyboard with PS/2 or other USB port.
          Any other keyboard?
          You must went in BIOS first to arrange first boot from drive IDE/AHCI.
          Last edited by stasio; 06-14-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            Try keyboard with PS/2 or other USB port.
            Any other keyboard?
            You must went in BIOS first to arrange first boot from drive IDE/AHCI.
            Never got into Bios at all. This has been happening from first power up.

The keyboard is definitely working. On a couple of occasions I have seen the screen (very briefly) where there are 2 options available (load defaults and reboot). This screen only flashes up after resetting CMOS and then I have to remove and replace the VGA cable to see it briefly. However when it disappeared I pressed down on the cursor on the keyboard, took out the VGA and replaced, screen flashed up again and the highlighted option had moved down one. When I pressed enter the system rebooted.

Splash screen then comes up again and then disappears. I only ever get any screen up for less than a second.

Looking at the codes that come up as it start up it goes through a different numbers. Get to 99 (super IO initialization), then A3 (Acitivated all currently connected IDE devices; that is when splash screen comes up), quickly jumps to A9 (BIOS setup started; splash screen disappears & everything goes blank) and then settles on A6 (Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices).

Also when I have cleared the CMOS and reboot it switches itself on and off 3 times before powering up properly.

My concern is I received this motherboard yesterday and it looked like the static bag had already been opened and resealed. I guess I might have to send it back. Spoke with customer services who will refund it on return. I might just order a new one today for delivery tomorrow. I hate giving up on a problem though!

Comment

Before you replace board,try to switch BIOS to Backup.

Comment

Before you replace board,try to switch BIOS to Backup.
                Yeah I tried that also. Same result.

Thanks for all your suggestions it is much appreciated.

I have a new one being delivered tomorrow and this one is being picked up.

Round 2 will begin tomorrow evening!

Apart from the problems the board looks a cracking bit of kit for the money. Looking forward to getting into the Bios!

Comment

Just a thought? 2 motherboards with the same results sounds to me like it is something other than the motherboard. Try other wire configureration or other wires at least to test the wires on the windows xp board.
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                  http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                  Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                  Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                  4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                  (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                  (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                  (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                  2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                  Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse
                  Monitor: CMV937A
                  7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                  Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I just bought a Gigabyte Z68x-ud3h-b3 matched with a i5 2500k and I am having no luck getting this system up and running. I have built over a dozen systems in the past and this one is giving me nightmares. My ssd drive and optical drive show up in the bios and upon POST but the system hangs during the "Installing Operating System..." near the end. I know it is not the disc as I have tried another disc and it hung in the exact same spot and I have used that disc a month ago on my trusty q6600. I have tried using the ssd in other ports. I have tried unplugging all the USB devices except the mouse, I have tried switching the mouse into other ports. From where I am sitting it just seems like some sort of sata port issue or mix up and a very shady bios. Both drives show up in the BIOS and POST and all the hardware shows up in the BIOS but it just hangs while trying to install the OS. I am frustrated to no end with this motherboard and I have always used Gigabyte motherboards but if I can't get it up and running by the end of this weekend I am DONE with gigabyte and will never use another one of their boards.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Re: Xpress Recovery has trashed my PC

Originally posted by Sledge View Post
                      Hi There,

I've come to this forum tearing my hair out. I had a Blue Screen error and decided to run my Windows 7 System Restore to an earlier point before my BSOD. To my horror I have found that Xpress Recovery will not let me boot from my CD. No matter how I set the boot order, or clear CMOS. In frustration I even decided to blow my current OS away and start again, by low level formatting my HDDs. I end up in a permanent loop on reboot that the system wants to start from Xpress Recovery. I even tried a spare HDD that had no OS installed and the system still wants to load this F' ing Xpress Recovery. I thought Xpress Recovery made a hidden partition on the First HDD, but this doesn't seem to be the case as per my previous sentence.

This thing appears to be worse than a virus, I can see no way of performing a clean Windows 7 install if I can't even boot from my DVD. Google searches haven't turned up how to remove it. I have raised a query with gigabyte tech support (and of course no reply). It seems that I now have a totally unrecoverable system. Does anyone know how to kill this thing? If there is no official fix from Gigabyte, this would be tantamount to deliberately sabotaging a system hiding under the cloak of Xpress Recovery being a tool to help protect you against data loss ie a VIRUS!!!

FYI my mobo is a GA870A-UD3.

thanks in advance.

Rod
                      This is similar to my issue but I am not having the dreaded bootloop issue. I just can't get windows to load onto my god dammed ssd for the life of me no matter how I set my boot priority...1st boot cd....1st boot pioneer dvd...nothing is working.

Comment

IDE or AHCI mode?

Comment

+1 ^ try setting sata controller to IDE mode some older DVD drives dont like AHCI mode. If that works then your good to go or other wise look on newegg for a new DVD burner for $20 or less.
                          Main Rig
                          Gigabyte z87x-OC
                          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                          HiS ATI HD 6950
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

IDE or AHCI mode?
                            I have tried both with no luck. There are so many different SATA ports and SATA options in the bios it is crazy. I have tried PCH SATA control mode IDE/AHCI, I have tried Gsata3 disabled/enabled as well as Esata. It seems like I have tried every possible option but the USB install....which is my next step.

Comment

Operating System (Win 7?) fresh install or ?
                              Did you connect the L-shaped end of the SATA cable to your SATA hard drive and other end to SATA3_0(1)(White)?
                              Do not connect DVD drive until boot in OS.
                              Last edited by stasio; 07-21-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                                +1 ^ try setting sata controller to IDE mode some older DVD drives dont like AHCI mode. If that works then your good to go or other wise look on newegg for a new DVD burner for $20 or less.
                                I never thought of this but it actually makes sense because the light on the dvd drive lights up after posting and then again just before it hangs....

Comment

Working...
                                X