Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I have a Z68 UD5 with a 2500K, oced to 4.9. It seems that virtually all of the oc info out there refers to Asus boards. Is there somewhere on here where I can get Gigabyte oriented overclock info?

Comment

Yes!

Please see Miahallen's guides here in his sticky thread, you want the Sandy Bridge one

Comment

I have a Z68 UD5 with a 2500K. Is it necessary to reset the bios on the board after a few oc failures?

Comment

You can clear the CMOS and or load optimized defaults if you are having issues, sometimes that does help

Comment

Hi all there!! Well i would like to receive some help about my problem. I ll give you my info below!
            Mobo z68xp ud4
            i5 2500k
            Ram Corsair xms3 1600 4gb
            PSU corsair HX750
            GPU Sapphire HD 6870
            SSD Corsair Force GT 3 60GB

Last week my board died and i got it replaced with a new one today so i rebuilt my system and i was ready to boot.
            When i pressed my power on i waited 4 sec for the splash screen but nothing happened and the pc rebooted(damn here we go with a bootloop i said) so i rebooted many times but nothing. I removed one ram stick and removed the GPU so i could use the embeded gpu but still nothing. Now it seems that it doesnt restarts(very fast reboot) at all but i see that my LCD monitor goes off and then goes in power saving mode so i suppose it is still bootlooping!!
            I will remove the battery,the power cord of the psu and leave it for 5-6 hours an then i will try it again. Any suggestions??
            Last edited by franklawl; 02-17-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Go ahead and clear the CMOS as you mentioned, that may fix it! Also connect a case speaker if you haven't already, that way you can hear error beeps if there are any.

You may not need to do it for a long time, but if a shorter period fails then yes try overnight while you sleep. To try it shorter, just unplug the PSU from the wall or motherboard, then remove the CMOS battery, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute. Then plug the PSU back in, put the battery back, and then see if it will start or not.
              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have a gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3 and core i7 2600. I cannot get VT-d to work and it's driving me crazy. All the reseach I've done tells me that my cpu supports VT-d and some z68 boards do or don't. I have flashed my bios that does give me the option to turn on VT-d (ad2h3vtd.f8) but that still doesn't work. Must I buy another motherboard to get this to work? If so, which gigabyte board would work that has LGA 1155?

I have successfully installed ESXi 5 with no problems. But the feature I really need is for a virtual OS to have direct access to hardware (VT-d).

Many thanks

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS installed?
                  Try to press Ctrl+F1 at main BIOS screen and see if you get more options in advanced chipset features

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                    Do you have the latest BIOS installed?
                    Try to press Ctrl+F1 at main BIOS screen and see if you get more options in advanced chipset features

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried each version of bios on the gigabyte webpage for this board. Each of those do not have the VT-d option in the advanced settings after you push ctrl + F1. However, the bios version I'm running right now (i got from another discussion board, http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...518-print.html) does have that option, yet it doesn't seem to actually work.

Comment

Seems not to be the top of GB priorities so you'd have to nudge them about it.
                      Didi you contact their tech support?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                        Seems not to be the top of GB priorities so you'd have to nudge them about it.
                        Didi you contact their tech support?
                        Not yet. I was hoping to find a solution online. I'll try calling them.

Comment

There has been alot of disscussion about Gigabyte boards and installing/supporting ESXi/Vsphere. Most gigabyte boards do not support VT-D. I was able to contact gigabyte and they added VT-D support for the EX58-UD5/EX58-Extreme the next beta bios they released after adding VT-D they ended up taking VT-D support out.

Only solution is to contact gigabyte and ask for VT-D support. Maybe if enough people ask them they might end up supporting it. The thing with having VT-D support is the device that what to have access to needs to be supported by ESXi and have the drives built in.
                          Main Rig
                          Gigabyte z87x-OC
                          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                          HiS ATI HD 6950
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

VT-D support in BIOS ad2h3vtd.f8....is in**VGA Setting**(Disabled by default):

Comment

• G41 Express Chipset - Lose Video Memory

Well...

I Have GA-G41M-ES2L v. 1.0

GMA X4500 have 512Mb Video Ram, with 1gb System RAM (maybe if i have a 512mb of RAM, video memory must be 256mb but i think GIGABYTE GMA X4500 is with 512mb)
                              i plug for better perfomance, one more memory 1Gb.
                              So i see the video memory from 512 double to 1gb (i don't know why double the size of video memory).
                              im experiment with pavp mode on bios, on 352, so decrease general the memory of the system both (RAM-Video Memory). with easytune5 i overclock the same as the bios (M.I.T). and freeze my pc, show me red lines reflexing, i turn it off and system turn all back to default (bios) pavp look normal on lite to 32mb, then open the program of graphics accelerator Intel, down is the report*...
                              as i see the video memory still down here at 814mb
                              But system RAM is Normal
                              I think with the (unsafe) shutdown, when i use pavp paranoid mode on 352mb and flash back to default, pavp think it is on 352mb but looks on 32mb on lite mode default, normal.
                              please anyone help me!
                              You know what to do.
                              thank you!

Report Date: 2/8/2012
                              Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 23:27:43
                              Driver Version: 8.15.10.2302
                              Operating System: Windows 7 (6.1.7600)
                              Default Language: Greek (Greece)
                              DirectX* Version: 10.0
                              Physical Memory: 2012 MB
                              Minimum Graphics Memory: 32 MB
                              Maximum Graphics Memory: (814 MB)(NOW) (1024 before) (with ClearCMOS! and it doesn't nothing!)
                              Graphics Memory in Use: 56 MB
                              Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
                              Processor Speed: 3000 MHz
                              Vendor ID: 8086
                              Device ID: 2E32
                              Device Revision: 03

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset
                              Video BIOS: 1760.0
                              Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 1024

The productor GIGABYTE must solve this f@cking problem!

Comment

Hello,

The P67-UD4-B3 F8 bios seems to introduce the power cycling bug. It also introduced a feature for checksum checking of the backup bios which cannot be disabled.

Thanks,
                                J

Comment

Working...
                                X