Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

no more than $160 if possible

Comment

That ABS you mention is likely very good. Is it in your price range? Got a link to it?

Comment

Newegg.com - ABS Tagan ITZ Series ITZ800-V2 800W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

this is it.

Comment

Thank you for everything, got the new PSU hooked it up and everything was working fine.

Comment

Really! Nice to hear it!

So it was indeed the PSU then eh? So which did you finally decide to get?

Comment

Newegg.com - ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ700 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Patent Piperock Modular Power Supply - Power Supplies

this one, it looked nice and had nice reviews

Comment

Hello
                I have a Gigabyte EP45 -DS3 and a dual channel kit 2x2gb Mushkin 2,1v pc8000 at 1000mhz ( the red ones :) )
                My problem is i only get them to work at 800 mhz. I tried to change in bios the settings according to what i saw read here but my bios looks different and the computer freezes after a while. I updated to F9 lately but still doesn't work
                what changes should i use to make them work stable? Could you give me a hint about the right settings with this board bios.
                Thx

Comment

hi maybe you can help me i bought a ga-ma78gm-s2h board
                  with an amd athlon64+2 5600 speed2.8ghz
                  two patriot pc2-6400 800mhz 4-4-4-12 dual ddr2 memory
                  500gb sata hd
                  2 dvd rw drives
                  floppy drive
                  running the on board radeon ati 3200 videocard right now while i wait for my new card
                  i want to overclock it some but am unsure what i should set things to.
                  the book doesnt help ,i currently am running basic bios settings my memory is spose to be set at 2.1 volts but am afraid to change things without knowing what other changes i should or can make ...also my western digital 500gb hd shows up on post but when i get to windows it show up as 465.75gb why is that. please help thanks
                  Last edited by lilmunchkinme; 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

@ Ajax26, Please make a thread and I will help you. There is so many posts here I would get lost since you do not have your specs in your sig. Likely you need to change straps, and your FSB to run 1000 exactly and you need to set some voltages as well. Make a new thread with your specs and your issue (So I don't forget) and I will be glad to help you out

@ lilmunchkinme

I cannot help you much with AMD Overclocking, but I can say you will be fine setting your ram volts and you should.

As for your Hard drive issues all drives are like that it is because of how they are rounded up by windows. Windows sees it as 1,024 for a kilobyte and the drive manufacturers see it as only 1,000.

Here is some reading about this >>>
                    Binary vs. Decimal Measurements

Hard Drive Size Discrepancy - Mac Guides

The following is from Seagate's FAQ section.

* Discrepancy Between Reported Capacity and Actual Capacity
                    * Motivation for Proposed Prefixes for Binary Multiples

Discrepancy Between Reported Capacity and Actual Capacity
                    Many are confused when their operating system reports, for example, that their new ST310240A 10.24-Gbyte hard drive is reporting only 9.85 Gbytes in usable capacity. Several factors may come into play when you see the reported capacity of a disc drive. Unfortunately there are two different number systems which are used to express units of storage capacity; binary, which says that a kilobyte is equal to 1024 bytes, and decimal, which says that a kilobyte is equal to 1000 bytes. The storage industry standard is to display capacity in decimal. Even though in binary you have more bytes, the decimal representation of a Gbyte shows greater capacity. In order to accurately understand the true capacity of your disc drive, you need to know which base unit of measure (binary or decimal) is being used to represent capacity. Another factor that can cause misrepresentation of the size of a disc drive is BIOS limitations. Many older BIOS are limited in the number of cylinders they can support.

Motivation for Proposed Prefixes for Binary Multiples
                    Once upon a time, computer professionals noticed that 1024 or 2 10 (binary) was very nearly equal to 1000 or 10 3 (decimal) and started using the prefix "kilo" to mean 1024. That worked well enough for a decade or two because everybody who talked kilobytes knew that the term implied 1024 bytes. But almost overnight a much more numerous "everybody" bought computers, and the trade computer professionals needed to talk to physicists and engineers and even to ordinary people, most of whom know that a kilometer is 1000 meters and a kilogram is 1000 grams.
                    See these two pages at Seagate for better answers >>>
                    Why does my hard drive report less capacity than indicated on the drive's label?

Storage Capacity Measurement Standards

Comment

how do i start a new thread?

Comment

Use the Post new Thread button at the top/bottom of the section. Here is the link to that incase for some strange reason you cannot see it??? >>>

Comment

Thanks Mr. Tweak, Janus, all...

I am so glad Gigabyte has a forum like this with active Techs and Mods
                          Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
                          Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
                          i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
                          Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

Hi, i was wondering what could be done about a infinite boot loop on a EP45-extreme....

I booted into windows at 485X9.5 with 4gig of OCZ reapers... then turned the system off, came back to turn it on and it went threw its auto bios recovery thing, and now it just boot loops over and over and over again.

Ive tried, absolutly everything with no post at all.

ive also tried all my other memory with no luck, and all three of my e8500's.

ram :- crucial lan fest 1066 (D9GMH)
                            crucial ballistix tracers single sided (D9***)
                            ocz reaper pc2-9200's
                            Patriot ddr-800 (promos/elipda)

also tried with no sata, no usb and no fans on it, tried it with no vga, tried absolutly everything.

also tried the battery out short the clear CMOS with no avail. no matter what i do i cannot get a post out of it.

Thanks in advance

Nate.

Comment

Did you try with only one stick of ram? How long did you remove the battery and put a jumper on the Clear CMOS? You should do that for about a half hour, and unplug your PSU and press and hold the Clear CMOS button for a minute, and the Case power on button for a minute as well.

Do you have a floppy drive ALREADY INSTALLED and set as first boot device? If so you may be able to blind flash it, if not Let me know and I will PM you a method you can try before you have to RMA if the above clear cmos does not help

Comment

Working...
                              X