Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello, I recently purchased a Gigabyte Z170x gaming MOBO and I am having some technical issues. Two in particular. First off, I have no experience with Gigabyte or Intel products. I came from an Asus ROG board and FX 8350. I made the switch about two weeks ago. I really like my setup and I chose Gigabyte this go around since this MOBO has a USB DAC Up that I have hooked up to my Shiit Audio Magni 2 Uber headphone amp and the Shiit Magni 2 Uber DAC. I like audio and I also have two other components that require USB 2.0.

1) After using the gigabyte easy tune to overclock the cpu (which by the way I feel totally clueless with OCing intel, so I used the gigabyte easy tune for ease) to 4.5 ghz and a 1.34 cpu voltage. I only adjusted the multiplier and cpu voltage. It is stable after an hour of Intel Extreme tune, 10 minutes of P95 Small FFT, 10 minutes o P95 blend, and 15 minutes of ROG Real Bench. My problem is this; after going back into the Gigabyte easy tune under the CPU OCing tabe I click on the default button (since I want default settings)then click apply and my computer freezes. Nothing works, but the power is on. I am left to holding down the power button on the front IO panel and it shuts off. Then I will power it back up and after a few seconds of no Q-codes on the MOBO showing, it turns itself off. Then after a few more seconds it turns my computer back on then off after a few seconds. This cycle repeats until I turn the power switch off on my PSU in the back then wait 10 seconds or so. I then flip the PSU power switch on and everything seems to work fine.

2)My second problem is that when I start up my PC and open up CPU ID, it freezes my computer also and I am left with manually powering it down then powering back up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:
    Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 MOBO (FC3 BIOS)
    I7-6700k CPU
    32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram (4x8)
    R9 295x2 GPU
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Driver 16.3.1
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (clean install)
    Corsair RM1000 PSU
    Samsung 850 Pro 256gb (OS SSD)
    Samsung 850 Evo 1tb (Gaming SSD)
    WD 1tb HDD for documents and stuff
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    Corsair RGB Sabre Mouse/ and sometimes the Mionix NAOS 7000 mouse

Comment

Hi and welcome to forum.

First,
      I suggest you update to BIOS F3:
      GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 (rev. 1.0)

How to flash BIOS:

Second,
      to understand overclocking read this:
      TweakTown's Ultimate Intel Skylake Overclocking Guide

Third,
      which CPU ID you "open" ?
      Last edited by stasio; 03-19-2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Stasio...

I will update my BIOS and read the TT ultimate overclocking guide.

The CPUID I have is the CPUID CPU-Z G1

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Hi and welcome to forum.

First,
          I suggest you update to BIOS F3:
          GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 (rev. 1.0)

How to flash BIOS:

Second,
          to understand overclocking read this:
          TweakTown's Ultimate Intel Skylake Overclocking Guide

Third,
          which CPU ID you "open" ?

Stasio,
          So I flashed my MB BIOS to F3 and followed those steps by the way. I also have factory default settings except my memory XMP profile 1 which brings my RAM to 3000mhz. Opening CPU
          ID CPU-Z does not freeze my computer now. The version of CPUID CPU-Z G1 is 1.75.0 x64.

I entered the gigabyte app center, clicked on easy tune, and clicked on Advanced CPU OC. I loaded my 4.5ghz profile and applied. The CPU speed adjusted to 4.5ghz and seemed fine. I then clicked on the default button of the Advanced CPU OC section and hit apply.....it froze right at that moment. I held my power button down until my PC shut off. I waited maybe 10 seconds and powered back on. Now this is where it would automatically power on then a few seconds later power off and continue to do so until I shut the power off from the PSU. The good news is that it powered up just fine without any issues. I think the BIOS update fixed that problem. Now I think the Gigabyte app centers "easy tune" is freezing my computer....so I would assume I should stop using it and just OC with the TT ultimate skylake OCing Guide. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, the OCing guide has 15 pages....I should only pay attention to pages 1-8, 13, and 15? I'm actually going to print these up and I didn't want to get confused with any other information in the guide that pertained to another brands' MOBO or RAM.

Comment

If you want to overclocikng ...open new thread ...somebody will guide you.

Comment

I built my new PC based on Z170 Gaming 7.

Both usb keyboard and mouse switch on and off several time during post and windows boot. There isn't any other device connected to USB ports.
              This appens with and without fast boot enabled and with F7g and F7r bios. I don't know if this appens with F6 bios.
              Is this normal?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                this is a bit of a long and convoluted tale but I'll try to be as clear as i can. First, system specs:

GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
                i7 4790K @ stock settings
                EVGA 980TI SC
                16GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Vengence RAM
                250GB Samsung 840 SSD
                750W Seasonic PSU

Ok so every few weeks my system will on a cold boot fall into a boot loop before the post beep. It will just keep churning over and over until I hold down the power button.
                Now when this happened the first time around I tried various things.

I found that if i booted on one stick of RAM I could get back into windows. So I then turned the machine off and tried to boot from cold, still with the one stick inserted and the same happened again, boot loop. This meant I couldn't even use the one stick trick to get back into windows but luckily I had some spare RAM from an old build so popped a stick of that in and it booted up.

Yayy i thought it must have been the RAM... Er nope! Even with this different ram if then turned the machine off and tried to boot it would again fall back into the boot loop.

So i popped one of the original ram sticks back in and weirdly it booted, I then flashed the bios which seemed to be the solution. Everything worked as it should and i thought no more of it.

A few weeks later it happened again. I got back into windows and flashed the bios. Once again all was fixed.

A few weeks later and it's now yesterday and it happens again. As I'm at the highest bios version I flash it back to F7 and in doing so heard some very weird bios beeps. At one point the bios was beeping continually although eventually it seemed to sort itself out and that's where I'm now at.
                System seems to be working without flaw but then again it always does until this damned issue raises it's head again.

The issue occurs in both bios, 1 and 2 as it's dual bios system.

I've ran the Intel diagnostic on the chip which passed

As i said above I've tried two sets of RAM both did the same thing.

I sent a support ticket to Gigabyte but I think the issue is too difficult and they stopped replying lol..

If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it.
                Last edited by kemical; 03-25-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hello. I just built the following mini-itx system to play Minecraft with Shaders on high settings. Two (2) problems have occurred.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3
                  GPU: Gigabyte gtx 970 gv-n970ixoc-4gd
                  MoBo: AsRock H97M-ITX/ac Rev 1.02
                  SSD: Samsung Evo
                  PSU: 450W SFX (80+Gold)

Problems:

1- the GPU wouldn't manage its fan speeds in time, so the card was getting very hot and black-screening, through research I found a solution to this problem (on an Amazon review of the card entitled: "READ IF HAVING BLACK SCREEN ISSUES (or waste a lot of your time) by C. Barker) in case you're interested in seeing what he wrote. He suggested downloading OC Guru-II from Gigabytes website, so I did. I set the fans to manual and selected economy mode, the black-screening stopped. The issue now is that while running this software it makes my system have lag spikes where whatever I'm doing will stutter every few seconds. No Guru, no stutter but then card overheats when gaming. Any suggestions? Any settings on mobo or in system needing to be set? Is this a conflict or known issue? What to do next? I was going to build 2 more of these systems with Gigabyte GPU, but if I can't solve this problem soon, then I'll return the card and buy ASUS mini-itx's. Any ideas?

Can be Reproduced: just by opening Guru-II software and dragging the window in circles around Windows 7 desktop, the window jumps at about the same interval when Lag Spikes hit my gaming.

2- Second problem is that now while gaming, the card sits at 70C but the fan is at 90% and now it seems there's coil whine. It's becoming noisier every day I use it. The GPU seems to throttle while playing even when there's nothing taxing going on. Sometimes while gaming the fan speed and temp drop to 45C, but then revs itself up again and starts the 90% fan speed and coil whine for like 30 minutes... then back down... CPU isn't changing much. Any ideas?

Thank you.

EDIT:

There are other people with the same problem and discovery, as far back as a year ago, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, the poster resolves his issue by either rolling back the Guru software to 1.6.4 or just turning it off. link: Massive Input Lag - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Are there other software solutions that might work better? Is Gigabyte addressing this issue with their software? Seems you guys just released a new version of Guru-II TODAY... how convenient. I'll try it out and update this post. [UPDATE: STILL LAG SPIKING MY SYSTEM, SO UPDATING GURU-II TO VER 1.99 DOES NOTHING TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM]

The other issue of fan speed timing/throttling was sovled by rolling gpu bios back to beta, I prefer not flashing my bios. That was on a GTX 960... I'll wait for any info before flashing bios. - Thanks again.
                  Last edited by VegasRoller; 04-13-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

New build with GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI / ​i7-5820K. Trying to dual boot off twin SSD's. Loaded Win 10 on first SSD. Loaded Kubuntu 16.04 on second. Ran update grub while in Kubuntu.

Immediately screwed up boot. While I still get a flash of Gigabyte logo and one beep on bootup, no matter what keys I press, it just goes to black screen. Have disconnected pretty much everything, shorted the CMOS jumper, no progress. Very frustrated with new $2200 paperweight.

-How do I troubleshoot the motherboard? Or reset it? (I've carefully followed recommendation about draining power with switch and case power and screwdriver to the two pins).
                    -What are the three pins immediately left of the CLR CMOS pins? I haven't touched them, but they're not in the manual, and CLR CMOS hasn't worked...
                    -What does update grub actually do? I'm guessing it reset both primary and backup bios, yes? Why can't I find any information on update grub?
                    -Are there any particular sata mobo inputs I should use for SSD's / hard drives? I was kind of fighting the bios during USB / disk installs, and afterward. BIOS never created a convenient boot order, in fact it was pretty good at putting the drive I wanted at the end of the priority list. I can only guess I was putting SATA cables in non-optimal locations. Should I not have used motherboard SATA express connectors?

I could really use some help.

Last edited by dcnblues; 05-19-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I just built a new computer with a GA-Z170X Gaming G1 MB. I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the mmcx wireless antenna to the I/O port. the port seems to require a screw on connector but the the antenna connectors themselves are without them. I have never seen or used this type of connector before so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

^
                        Manual...page 28 (no screw required).

Comment

Originally posted by mofolss View Post
                          I just built a new computer with a GA-Z170X Gaming G1 MB. I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the mmcx wireless antenna to the I/O port. the port seems to require a screw on connector but the the antenna connectors themselves are without them. I have never seen or used this type of connector before so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
                          I found the solution to my own problem. The user guide describes "tightening" the antenna cables to the connectors. It should have stated "insert" the connectors and they will snap into place.

Comment

Hello! There Motherboard GA-H97-D3H. Why in the last bios no localization into other languages?

Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	755108

Comment

Hello! I bought a motherboard with BIOS version F5 and everything worked well. After updating the BIOS F5 to F7 error occurred: Event 41 - Kernel Power critical error.
                              BIOS -F6, F7 does not work with HASWELL processors.
                              I can not go back to the BIOS F5. What to do? How to return to F5?
                              My system:
                              Product Name: GA-H97-D3H (1.0)
                              BIOS Ver: F7
                              CPU: HASWELL i5-4570
                              Operation System: Win 10 64-bit
                              Memory Kingston KVR16N11/8

P.S.
                              Sorry for my bad English

Comment

do you have a bios switch? if not you need to force the backup to flash the main. Also ...thjey should support the cpu if the lower bios version already supported it. Go through your drivers and update them all, if not successful then try windows generic drivers
                                Last edited by boe323; 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM.
                                A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Working...
                                X