Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! Problems with my setup. Many Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!! Problems with my setup. Many Questions.

Yes guys, I have tried every slot for every single component on my MOBO. PCI-E, SATA, you name it. And yes ive set my primary graphics. I am now on the MOBOs built in card because my other two now will either crash when reaching desktop or wont even reach desktop when theyre installed. Im starting to think its a problem with my HDD. Because the computer will boot properly with both of those cards when they have not got their drivers. But as soon as i install the drivers for the cards neither of them work.

Comment

If your video board tests fine in another system you might have an issue with your PSU not being able to handle the extra load needed to reach Desktop. Is your PSU a single or multiple rail design?

EDIT: Your video board requies a 500w minimum power supply.

Comment

His Corsair CX500M has one 38A +12V rail. He might be Ok with that PSU, but it is the minimum recommended size for a 7870. The graphs in this review are of the TOTAL system power consumption using a 7870:

Power, Temperature, & Noise - AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition & Radeon HD 7850 Review: Rounding Out Southern Islands

It's starting to sound like a driver problem, given the description of the problem. Video card drivers can be a pain, a "clean install" of video drivers is often needed. That means uninstalling any earlier versions of the driver, rebooting, and then installing the new version.

What driver version for the HD 7870 are you using? We still don't know what version of Windows you are using. This is the recommended driver for the HD7870 from AMD for Win 7:

Desktop

So NOT use the beta driver version, not at least until you get the 7870 running with the known good driver, 14.12. Note that it states on this page that some driver versions need the Microsoft .NET4 Framework software installed for the Catalyst Control Center.

Every time you change your video card you should clear the BIOS.

Do you have the drivers for the AMD and XFX 9800 installed at the same time?

Actually, crashing during gaming can be caused by over heating issues, so unless you are monitoring the GPU temperatures while gaming, you don't know if that is the problem. What PS case do you have and how many fans does it have? What kind of cooler do you have on your 4670K?

Comment

Working...
        X