970 Pro3: Major Bios Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 970 Pro3: Major Bios Problem

Last edited by themaster1; 03-12-2015, 03:39 PM.

Re: 970 Pro3: Major Bios Problem

Should i boot with the jumper on pins 2-3 ?? the manual says no (pc off only) but i've read other things on the web (for intel boards) now i'm confused.
    Anyways, i desperately need answers-solutions

Comment

Originally posted by themaster1 View Post
      I have tried the instant flash tool for the 1st time today and now the pc won't start.
      The board is a 970 pro 3 rev 1.0 the bios was v1.50 i tried the bios v 2.0 (instant flash).

I have tried to make a clear cmos following the instructions on the manual (i quote: after a bios update first boot > then shutdown+ disconnect power plug > then clear cmos 5 sec
      It is normally not good to clear the CMOS right after a BIOS update, until after the PC boots. The instructions say:

"after a bios update first boot > then shutdown+ disconnect power plug > then clear cmos 5 sec"

You said, "the pc boot, no uefi nothing, the fans are blowing full speed that's it".

If you had no UEFI, nothing on the screen, the PC did not boot. What happened is, you started the PC, but it did not boot. So you cleared the CMOS before the UEFI/BIOS ran for the first time, which is not recommended.

DO NOT start the PC with the CMOS jumper on pin 2 and 3. It probably won't do anything anyway.

Removing RAM or drives won't help.

Try this: Turn of the power supply, unplug it from AC power, let it sit for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and turn on the power supply. Press the power button on the PC, and then after two seconds, press the Reset button.

Comment

Ok so i've tried that Parsec but nothing happen really.
        Are you familiar with this procedure:
        source here, i quote:
        I finally got it working. What I did was
        1. Unplug the PC from the wall
        2. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds
        3. Remove the CMOS battery for 10 minutes
        4. Put it back in
        5. Insert the USB with the EXTRACTED bios into a fat32 USB. WITH NO FOLDER JUST THE FILE
        6. Then pressed the clear CMOS button on the back of the motherboard
        7. After that it started installing, then it restarted several times.

What i don't understand is the step 6, does he clear cmos while the pc is on or off ?it's unclear to me

Comment

I'm sure the PC is off in step 6.

That procedure is a BIOS recovery, which is worth trying.

Comment

Working...
          X