Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After hibernation PC is restoring after keyboard is pressed - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After hibernation PC is restoring after keyboard is pressed - why?

Originally posted by bischop View Post
    Ok.. I did it.... i used instant flash from BIOS for update (v1.10), and just like you said - it works perfectly good.
    Well done, happy days...

Comment

Originally posted by bischop View Post
      Why da hell i didnt saw anywhere instruction about F6 trick in manual or www / faq on ASrock webpage.
      It's in your Fatal1ty 990FX Killer manual, pg 6
      ASRock Instant Flash
      ASRock Instant Flash is a BIOS flash utility embedded in Flash ROM. This convenient
      BIOS update tool allows you to update the system BIOS in a few clicks without
      preparing an additional floppy diskette or other complicated flash utility. Just save
      the new BIOS file to your USB storage and launch this tool by pressing <F6> or
      <F2> during POST to enter the BIOS setup menu to access ASRock Instant Flash.
      Please be noted that the USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file
      system.
      And it might, IIRC, be on the ASRock POST splash screen too.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Well I'll be darned, your USB 2.0 ports on that board are red! Sorry to question that, just seemed odd IMO.

Actually, at one time (Z77 days) I think red was used on some USB 2.0 ports to identify them as providing power even when the PC was shutdown. That was a new feature at the time, IIRC. But they did not stick with that, and went back to black.

Of course Instant Flash works fine, was there ever any doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          Well I'll be darned, your USB 2.0 ports on that board are red! Sorry to question that, just seemed odd IMO.

Actually, at one time (Z77 days) I think red was used on some USB 2.0 ports to identify them as providing power even when the PC was shutdown. That was a new feature at the time, IIRC. But they did not stick with that, and went back to black.

Of course Instant Flash works fine, was there ever any doubt?
          That's ok, I see there is no such markings on the killer board, I thought it was a good idea the colour coding....
          sorry i didn't resize the pic, it was huge lol
          Last edited by Joe-912; 08-10-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X