Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After hibernation PC is restoring after keyboard is pressed - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bischop
    replied
    Re: After hibernation PC is restoring after keyboard is pressed - why?

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
    If you got access to another computer put the original Bios file,on a formatted (fat32)USB 2 stick try use a smallish 4GB I always use, Plaace it in the back of the computer on a USB2 port not USB3, start the computer and spam F6 key if your lucky your get to Instant flash, click the bios file, if this dont work you may need to contact Asrock for replacment Bios chip
    Good luck!
    I tried, but not sure it was USB-2.0 port.. i will try again.
    What about "put the original Bios file, on a USB stick" ? It should be file downloaded from:
    ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

but it should be files extracted from zip archive "Instant flash" or "dos"?

"Instant flash" archive got file:
    990Kill1.00 // so i think its raw BIOS content file.

"dos" archive got file:
    990Kill1.00.exe // its flashing application contain inside BIOS content file.

I tried "dos" version with pendrive formated as DOS system. In autoexec.bat i just launched "990Kill1.00.exe" file. But in this case there was no effect. But like i said before maybe i used USB 3.0 insted AND i didnt pushed F6 button as well.

Leave a comment:

• Joe-912
    replied

If you got access to another computer put the original Bios file,on a formatted (fat32)USB 2 stick try use a smallish 4GB I always use, Plaace it in the back of the computer on a USB2 port not USB3, start the computer and spam F6 key if your lucky your get to Instant flash, click the bios file, if this dont work you may need to contact Asrock for replacment Bios chip
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• bischop
    replied

I tried to update my bios from v1.00 -> 1.10, and my PC is dead now.

ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
    version 1.10

The way looks like that:
    - PC restored form hibernation (maybe that was main problem)
    - i launched Windows flash utility under Windows 8.1 x64
    - application was working, my screen was blinking from time to time (for 3-4 sec and longer for 10-120 sec about)
    - the last blink was very long (about 1- 2min or so)
    - after it i see Windows login screen, when i logged in there was no Windows-flash-utlity on it, but my startup application started to launch
    - i check under AIDA again, and it said BIOS version is still 1.00
    - so i made first decision and rebooted PC insted of trying to re-flash bios
    - PC was dead, 2 short beeps
    - i tried to reboot it few times (more than 3)
    - then i made 2nd bad decision and cleared CMOS (but only for 3-5 sec, not 15 sec like manual is saying to do)
    - no changes at all, PC is still dead

My questions are now:

- Is it very bad i cleared CMOS? What are the consequences?
    - Has ASRock AMD 990FX Killer some recovery proces to boot up from floppy drive with prepered diskiette with dos-flash-utlity on it? I know for sure some models of motherboard got it - and its working.
    - Is is possible to try hot-swap: borken bios-memory-chip under working PC with another motherboard, and then on it try to reflash the bios-memory-chip?

and the last short one:

- Why da hell flashing proces failed in my case? It was cuz restored Windows hibernation proces or what?

Leave a comment:

• After hibernation PC is restoring after keyboard is pressed - why?

BIOS settings:

Advanced -> ACPI Configuration ->
    * PS/2 Keyoboard Power On - Disabled
    * USB Keyboard / Remote Power On - Disabled

When i do Windows 8.1 Hibernation my computer is going down, but what im asking is why when i pressed the button (SPACE) it is going up?

Is this BIOS problem/bug or what?

My PC:
    * Windows 8.1 x64 version 6.3 (Build 9600)
    * AMD FX990FX Killer
    * Keyboard Logitech UltraX Premium* BIOS (by AIDA x64 Extreme Beta):
    BIOS version P1.00
    AGESA version OrochiPIV1.2.9.0
Working...
X