X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z97 Extreme6 Mouse/Keyboard Turning On Computer

Interesting!

I hope they put out an update soon.

I'm not too concerned because I trust Asrock. Plus I just upgraded from an eVGA board, so nothing can really be worse than that BIOS wise...

Comment

Originally posted by newtekie1 View Post
      Interesting!

I hope they put out an update soon.

I'm not too concerned because I trust Asrock. Plus I just upgraded from an eVGA board, so nothing can really be worse than that BIOS wise...
      That's what I've heard, although an EVGA X58 board I have worked fine, but I never gave the BIOS much of a workout.

There's another mother board manufacture with a support forum here that seems to have more than their fair share of BIOS issues.

I must say that this is the first time I've ever had any BIOS/UEFI issues with the BIOS' of any of the ASRock boards I use, going back to their Z77 boards.

Comment

hi , did you find out what the problem ?
        i build desktop for people, i have use like 10 asrock z97 pro 4 and asrock h97m , all motherboards have the same problem , i check all bios option no help , contact asrock no help , , try to update to least bios , no help also , i end up tell my customers to use Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse , no problem with the wireless keyboard and mouse

Comment

The solution I found was to turn off FastBoot in Windows 8.

Comment

The solution I found was to turn off FastBoot in Windows 8.
            Really, there certainly have been some odd side affects caused by the Windows 8 fast startup feature, which I assume is the option configured in the "Change what the power buttons do" screen in Windows 8, and not the Fast Boot option available in the BIOS, which are two different things.

The Windows 8 fast start up feature is also known as doing a "hybrid boot or shutdown", which is a modification of the Windows Hibernate feature. With that feature enabled, it is still possible to do a standard full shutdown in Windows 8. Just move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen (or Windows key + X), right click and hover the pointer over "Shutdown or sign out", and then choose Shutdown.

I don't understand a couple things about this solution, related to what you wrote earlier in this thread:

It doesn't matter if I use my G510 and G700s or a generic USB keyboard and mouse, I've tried both.

Windows version doesn't matter, neither does anything in device manager. The problem happens even with no drives connected to the computer when I haven't even booted into Windows. I can power the computer on, with no drives attached, and it will load into the UEFI BIOS. I can save changes and exit the BIOS, and when the computer begins to POST press the power button to power the computer down. If I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the computer will turn on.

In fact, I even cleared the CMOS, completely removed power from the computer. When I plugged the computer back in, I could turn it on with the keyboard and mouse.

This isn't an issue of waking the computer from sleep, this is actually turning the computer on from being completely off.
            That is, "Windows version doesn't matter", and "The problem happens even with no drives connected...".

Only Windows 8 has the fast start up feature, so Windows 7 is not affected by it. Also, no drives connected means no OS influence is possible.

So I don't see how this solution can solve all the scenarios you described.

Comment

Working...
            X