• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pippo123
    replied
    Re: Asrock C2750D4i No post

Originally posted by Retteren View Post
    From the screenshot, it looks like the motherboard is not powered on ("Host is powered OFF or in sleep mode").
    Have you been able to power it on either through the power button or the Remote Control > Server Power Control panel?
    You will not believe what I say ...
    but after more than six months and several attempts and replacement the motherboard because I thought it was broken
    suddenly the motherboard start.

I have already installed over ESXi - Xpenology - FreeNAS - WIndows 2012 works almost perfectly ...
    What I noticed is that I can not add memory otherwise crashes.
    The only thing I did I changed (as I had done thousands of times) the slot where I insert the memory ...

Thank you for you time

Leave a comment:

• Retteren
    replied

Originally posted by pippo123 View Post
    Does anyone know tell me the steps to access the UEFI SETUP UTILITY.
    I tried everything.

I tried attach a CD player with WIndows or Ubuntu,
    just can not get it started the motherboard
    I have no video output, will direct it through the IPMI shell.
    I can only enter the telnet service IPMI.

Please, can you help me?
    From the screenshot, it looks like the motherboard is not powered on ("Host is powered OFF or in sleep mode").
    Have you been able to power it on either through the power button or the Remote Control > Server Power Control panel?

Leave a comment:

• pippo123
    replied

Thankyou, for your help, but i not resolve my issue.
    I can only access the http://imageshack.com/a/img912/4707/YM2Luc.png but nothing ever happens .
    It is now months that I feel , I also did change the card to the dealer.

Thank you

Does anyone know tell me the steps to access the UEFI SETUP UTILITY.
    I tried everything.

I tried attach a CD player with WIndows or Ubuntu,
    just can not get it started the motherboard
    I have no video output, will direct it through the IPMI shell.
    I can only enter the telnet service IPMI.

Please, can you help me?

Leave a comment:

• pippo123
    replied

Originally posted by nimbus1 View Post
    Note: if this is with a recent version of Ubuntu, this post should help you out:

Moscon.org - Ubuntu Server 14.10 and C2750D4I Console Issues
    Thankyou, for your help, but i not resolve my issue.
    I can only access the http://imageshack.com/a/img912/4707/YM2Luc.png but nothing ever happens .
    It is now months that I feel , I also did change the card to the dealer.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• nimbus1
    replied

Hi, i have the same problem.
    Please, can you explain the steps to resolve this issue?
    Are many months I'm trying to use the motherboard, always no video...
    Please, step by step...

Note: if this is with a recent version of Ubuntu, this post should help you out:

Moscon.org - Ubuntu Server 14.10 and C2750D4I Console Issues

Leave a comment:

• pippo123
    replied

Originally posted by nimbus1 View Post
    with 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics
    Hi, i have the same problem.
    Please, can you explain the steps to resolve this issue?
    Are many months I'm trying to use the motherboard, always no video...
    Please, step by step...

Leave a comment:

• nimbus1
    replied

with 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics

Leave a comment:

• nimbus1
    replied

Yes. I am having similar issues. I cannot get anything on the monitor attached to the VGA port, nor anything on IPMI. ONE time I got them, and I assumed it was from tweaking some bios settings. Turns out I was wrong and looking through kern.log I can clearly see that there is some driver issue with the ASPEED AST2300 video controller :(

The one time it DID work, no errors in the log pertaining to the graphics driver

Leave a comment:

• bjorn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ASRockRack TSD - Bill
    replied

Originally posted by Jenus View Post
    No, this board does NOT support buffered memmory (RDIMM). It only supports UDIMM with or without ECC.
    I bought RDIMM to this board at first but had to send them back and bought the exact same model but UDIMM ECC. My memory is not on the supported list but it works without a problem.
    Correct; this board doesn't support RDIMM. We are working to expand the variety in the memory QVL of this board. Meanwhile, users can try to look up the memory by using the "Memory finder" offered in memory makers' website.

Leave a comment:

• Jenus
    replied

Originally posted by slowreload View Post
    Hello The ram I am using is fully buffered and is not on the memory list. Ram that is on that list is hard to come by in the US. Does this board work with buffered ecc ram?
    No, this board does NOT support buffered memmory (RDIMM). It only supports UDIMM with or without ECC.
    I bought RDIMM to this board at first but had to send them back and bought the exact same model but UDIMM ECC. My memory is not on the supported list but it works without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• bjorn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ASRockRack TSD - Bill
    replied

Bjorn, please contact me at [email protected]. I will walk you through the BMC reset. Please also indicate your forum ID name in the email so I will be aware of whom I have initiated with the assistance. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• bjorn
    replied

I am seeing almost the same thing.
    I got 2 sticks of Kingston KVR16N11/8 , which according to Kingston should work OK with this board.
    With no HD, and both sticks (in blue slot) I booted up, and after a quite long slience I got into to bios. I looked around, and added auto settings to the BMC network port. After doing this, and restarting the computer, it never display anything on the monitor. I also notice that my usb keyboard does not get any electricity (no LED lights).

I can however go to the ip-address given to the computer by the dhcp. I am presented with a login screen, but I admin/admin does not work.
    I dont know the bios version, but I do know that there was an option do enable and disable ECC, which I saw on asrock.com was a feature added in the latest bios.
    <EDIT>The sticker says 1.40 15B</EDIT>

I have tried to reset the cmos, by removing the battery and shortening the small cresent shaped metal thing where the diagram says CLEARCMOS. However, since I can still access the computer via the address provided with DHCP I'm not 100% sure that the reset was successful.

Any help would be gratefully accepted, I had the computer up and running, changed the BMC config and now its just fans, leds on the motherboard and black screen.

/Bjorn
    Last edited by bjorn; 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM. Reason: Added bios info

Leave a comment:

• slowreload
    replied

Hello The ram I am using is fully buffered and is not on the memory list. Ram that is on that list is hard to come by in the US. Does this board work with buffered ecc ram?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X