C2750D4I IPMI triggering LNC event for VCCM sensor when using LV memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I IPMI triggering LNC event for VCCM sensor when using LV memory

Anyone also using 1.35V Memory on this board?

When I go into IPMI it is constantly triggering "Lower Non-Critical (LNC)" status errors for the VCCM sensor because the threshold is 1.35V. Does anyone know how to change the thresholds for these events? I know they are innocuous, but it is annoying to see them constantly.

One thought I had was to go into the BIOS and change the memory voltage to 1.36V or whatever the next higher option is above 1.35 to at least make the events go away. Any thoughts on this?

In case it matters, I am using Kingston KVR16LE11L/8 sticks. They are DDR3 1600 CL11 ECC UDIMMs. Currently in the middle of a memtest86 that is going well so far -- 43% 1st pass.

Thanks.

Re: C2750D4I IPMI triggering LNC event for VCCM sensor when using LV memory

I contacted ASRock support and they got back to me with a BMC firmware update that lowered the threshold to 1.3V which got rid of the constant events. Woohoo!

Not sure what else changed but if that was it I am guessing they will make this available to more people soon.

This was my first interaction with ASRock and I can say I am please with the communication and turnaround.

Comment

Re: C2750D4I IPMI triggering LNC event for VCCM sensor when using LV memory

Originally posted by create View Post
      This was my first interaction with ASRock and I can say I am please with the communication and turnaround.
      It's always great when people come back and make affirming posts such as you did there.

Thanks.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X